A New DAW is born: PreSonus Studio One

This looks pretty nice... wonder what the CPU consumption is like with all the extras it might be alil bulky. I guess I'll find out cause it looks to good to pass up atleast trying the demo...

That demo is bananas. This is the easiest professional DAW I have ever used.

Ask yourself what separates this DAW from others? Nothing...It's a freakin waste of programming! I'm sure it's ok. But, why switch from some better established DAW?

that is kind of a ridiculous statement. variety in the market place can only be a good thing. although you may be comfortable working in your current daw that's not to say that the daw you are using now is the best thing ever for you, it may be just the best that is currently available on the market place.

plus the GUI on this looks nice. a lot of people dismiss the cosmetics of the GUI as an unimportant but when you are spending such long periods working in an environment it's physical appearance (if pleasing to you) is good for your work ethic. after all creating music is an art..

that is kind of a ridiculous statement. variety in the market place can only be a good thing. although you may be comfortable working in your current daw that's not to say that the daw you are using now is the best thing ever for you, it may be just the best that is currently available on the market place.

plus the GUI on this looks nice. a lot of people dismiss the cosmetics of the GUI as an unimportant but when you are spending such long periods working in an environment it's physical appearance (if pleasing to you) is good for your work ethic. after all creating music is an art..

I'm glad to see another DAW on the market. But, I get pissed off at companies that come out with something that's just a little different from the others and try to sell it and this new super duper product. I like it too. But, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL!!!.

Its' ok if it's just another DAW. But, don't hype it up like it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread. They brag about Drag n Drop...Live 7/8 does that.

Please tell me what sets this apart from the others?

People worry too much. Competition is what keeps prices in check.
Imagine how much a Mercedes would be if they were the only company that made cars. Besides. People have different tastes. Nike and Vans both make shoes but typically look quite different. Nothing wrong with variety.

That daw looks sick!!!! Too bad I'm stuck on fl studio and I just started usin reason lol

It looks nice but I ain't leaving Reason and on Sept 9th they coming with Record? man please, and I only have to spend $149 dollars for Record and I get an SSL board plus the sickest time stretch I have seen in my life? nah they can keep this. This is for someone who don't have hardly nothing. I have Protools, already and killing it with that, and I will have Record that intergrates PERFECTLY with Reason and will kill it!

I'm glad to see another DAW on the market. But, I get pissed off at companies that come out with something that's just a little different from the others and try to sell it and this new super duper product. I like it too. But, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL!!!.

Its' ok if it's just another DAW. But, don't hype it up like it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread. They brag about Drag n Drop...Live 7/8 does that.

Please tell me what sets this apart from the others?

Heck Protools does drag and drop I mean watz good? lol I ain't excited but i am excited with that Record and I am telling you it's A WRAP!

If you don't know your routing, Pro Tools, and Reaper can be your worse enemies. I remember when I tried to Rewire Reason into Reaper a while back. . . I had a serious headache. Once I caught on (two days later), It went KINDA smooth.

I played with it. I really liked it's controller surface feature. It's the only DAW I know that actually listed my CME Keyboard. It crashed a few times on me and then I gave up. But, I will keep on trying. I went straight to Logic pro 9 and really did not see any huge difference in work flow.

Logic has about 3 times the instruments.

Maybe something else will jump out on me when I get more involved with it.

i really thought it was new... this thread is old lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Studio One. Been running it sence March. It is great.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

How do I make rewire work with studio one and fl studio?

Back