A New DAW is born: PreSonus Studio One

hmmm this might be my new vst home..... ive been vst homeless for a while :( its either reaper or this progy

ima check this **** out. i got cubase ai i been wanting the full version. maybe ill wait and just cop this.

i tried the demo and it's pretty good. i like the one window interface and it easy to find things also.

Last edited:
the pipeline plug-in is dope it routes audio to and from a hardware signal processor via specified inputs and outputs on your audio interface, while automatically compensating for the round-trip latency incurred in that process.

going to demo it anyway

I liked Krystal for the most part but some things really bugged me. If the developers have sorted that out by working with good interface designers then this program should be pretty good. Sound-wise Krystal was always good.

but can it run Beet Maker VST?

HAHA U CRAZY MOTHAFUKA! lol u gonna get EVERYONE confused and PM'in each other HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS VST!!!! I SEEN MYSTO N PIZZI USE IT!!!! lol classic

I love the looks and features of this program. I will be downloading the demo this evening. Thanks OP for opening my eyes to this.

Yeah this thing is really nice...noz for beatmakin in my opinion cuz I stick with Reason...but for vocals...and mixdown...this is the **** !
Finally ! Fu(K Cubase from now on ;)

This program is REALLY nice.. I think it might be the "Logic" for PC's. So far, im loving it!!

i feel you on that man, i am currently in the design phase of my studio, and this will most likely be my daw. i am gonna wait and see what updates they use.

i tried the demo. its was ok. not much different than reaper. i did like some features though.

Last edited:
hmmm... cool... not gonna try it though.. I'll stick with my current DAW. After all, they all contain the same features. Not one is better. Maybe better suited for a certain type of person and setup. But nawh, not for me, I currently value "making music" more than learning a new DAW. Mine works fine at the moment. But diversity in choice is always good. So one more option for the peeps out there.

You know, it makes me wonder, apart from someone who's buying their first DAW - who is this new software for? Unless you really, REALLY want to switch to another piece of software, coming from Cubase, Logic or Pro Tools is really pointless because all your project files are useless.

I for one have a TON of unfinished projects in Logic format, that I would have no way of continuing in a new DAW unless I export them in MIDI format and RE-BUILD all the software instrument links AND save it in the new format in the DAW I'd be switching to.

But I think it's great that software producers are following Apple's (and to an extent, Propellerheads') example in including libraries and software instruments straight out of the BOX. That's how it should be done. The new Pro Tools has "Boom", an acoustic Grand etc.

Last edited:
I just made a thread on why Window's doesn't have a Logic equivalent besides CB, PT, and RPR, since Logic is so good. God answers Prayers fast!!! lol

Back