Need Some Advice with Recording Please - Cutting out VSTs to Help CPU Load

JC Biffro

Hi guys,

I hope all is well now that we've survived the zombie apocalypse ;)

So, my CPU is now clicking at 99% (which is not good) so I need to start cutting down some of my VSTs to help ease the load. The VST using the most CPU power I have an arpeggio on top of it. Is there anyway I can internally record the VST as an audio clip without actually using any keys on my keyboard/MIDI controller? Ohh and I'm using FL Studio.

Many thanks in advance,

try freezing the track - this creates an audio file render of the track as it currently stands - you should also be able to choose to unload the vst once the freeze has been done.... if you can't freeze then render each track as an audio only version (mute everything else if you have to, and turn off all send effects, you just add them back when you import the audio clip)

A Guide to Freezing and Bouncing in FL Studio

there are no old threads from here (that I could find easily) that cover this topic....

Last edited:
try freezing the track - this creates an audio file render of the track as it currently stands - you should also be able to choose to unload the vst once the freeze has been done.... if you can't freeze then render each track as an audio only version (mute everything else if you have to, and turn off all send effects, you just add them back when you import the audio clip)

A Guide to Freezing and Bouncing in FL Studio

there are no old threads form here (that I could find easily) that cover this topic....

Much appreciated again Sir BC. Will give this a try.

Cheers.

Could be the way you're working.

List your PC's specs and a complete list of plugins you're running when you hit 99%.

Back