Need more stable VST host for live setting

SLAMTIME

Hello, my friend and I are going to start playing live shows in the next month or so and as of now, all of my synths are software based and being controlled by an xboard 61. We recorded everything first into FL Studio, and to make a backing track I just erased all of the playable synth, voice, and guitar, and exported it as an wav. I then imported the wav back into a new FL project and loaded up the VST's so I could play/sing over it. I thought that by doing this I could avoid the frequent 'hiccups' experienced while manipulating an FL project by having most of the layers in one file instead of individual instruments, but while jamming out our songs, it still messes up here and there. I'm almost positive this doesn't have anything to do with my computer's specs, I have a c2d 2.5 ghz and 4 gb of ram. This can't happen when we are actually playing live, so I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions for a more stable software (That doesn't have periodic hiccups) that I can control my VST's through midi with.

Last edited:
You should have no problem with FL Studio for live use if you have a studio sound card and a strong computer. Many people use cubase for this. It functions well in real time.

I had ableton live lite 7 and it's the only thing that comes to mind for this setting. as far as playing things live go this one felt the most stable to me, it even tells you when you exit the program that the audio is going to stop and makes sure that's what you want to do haha.

Back