Need help!!! Badly..

Coleman1

Coleman1
So, I just switched to a new computer and when I went to transfer my song a over it started to say that they were all corrupt when I tried to open them on my new computer. It wasn't just one project, it was like 3 or 4 out of maybe 8. And then I go back to my old computer and it also starts dojng it. And now I'm really scared I'm going to lose these projects. And also tiny little parts of other songs that aren't corrupt have been taken out but I don't care about that as much as losing 3 entire projects. Can anyone please help?

P.S, this is on fl studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your new computer have the same versions of everything? How did you transfer the old projects to your new computer?

Last edited:
zip the projects then install the same version of FL on the new computer. then once done copy the plugins, patches and projects folders over then if any plugins need to reinstalled do so with the same versions if possible. most of the stuff will copy smoothly with the exception of plugins that have registry entries

I transferred everything via external harddrive but here's what I don't get - why is it just some songs and better yet, why does as soon as I try opening them on my new computer it does the same thing on my old computer? I checked other projects I could open and some also had absolutely no effects in the mixer on my plugins etc and I have no idea why. Everything transferred over smoothly and now it's doing it on both computers

Did you actually transfer the projects to the new hard drive, or did you copy them to it, leaving the originals intact? Have you tried rayzers suggestions?

Back