NanoStudio - A Recording Studio In Your Pocket

B

Blayde

500x_nanostudiolede.jpg

It's hardly news that the iPhone can serve as a capable little music machine. But NanoStudio offers the complete music-making package, with synths, trigger pads, sequencers, samplers and much more—and, crucially, it makes them all intuitive to use. Complex apps walk a fine line between functionality and usability—there's nothing more frustrating than a feature-laden app imprisoned behind an inscrutable interface. NanoStudio pulls off this tightrope act gracefully, packing everything you need to tap out drum loops, tweak synths, record and edit your own samples, and sequence and master it all, right on your iPhone.
It's simple enough for a beginner (me) to use within minutes, but robust enough to allow an experienced musician (the guy in the video) to produce some pretty incredible stuff:

At $15, it's a bit expensive for just noodling around with some synths, but if you suspect you'll ever have the hankering to get a little more ambitious—to get your sounds just right, or to start to pile tracks and takes on top of one another—NanoStudio's just the ticket.

Just saw it over at Gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/5603267/nanostudio-for-iphone-puts-a-recording-studio-in-your-pocket

Copped it when it first came out. Haven't had the chance to f*ck with it that much yet though. The specs put it above Beatmaker and Xewton (which I love).

My fingers too big.

O.K. Saw the piano roll. Cool. Not worth having surgery, though. I can't even dail a phone number on shit like that.

Last edited:
I posted news about this and beatmaker 2 news a while before, seemed like hardly anyone cared, which sort of surprised me, I thought there would be more discussion based around what these talented developers are doing with such small, low power processors and limitations put on them with such small screens. I think it's terribly cool, and is leading to some interesting ways to integrate touch and making music.

I posted news about this and beatmaker 2 news a while before, seemed like hardly anyone cared, which sort of surprised me, I thought there would be more discussion based around what these talented developers are doing with such small, low power processors and limitations put on them with such small screens. I think it's terribly cool, and is leading to some interesting ways to integrate touch and making music.

It is cool but it is taking attention and money away from high powered normal size unrestrictive systems. I want my Cubase 5 update already!

just copped it earlier today for my iPhone 4.

i'll let you all know what's up

Last edited:
I have it it's real fun to play with i couldnt imagine making a actual beat with it though

I have it it's real fun to play with i couldnt imagine making a actual beat with it though

That's sad because lots of people are. It just takes vision and creativity. Too many "producers" cling to computers and DAWs because they think they are pro. Great songs are what is pro.

Back