MPC4000 Problems?

R

RastaTech

Anyone have experience with the new MP? I've been playin one when I can, in a friend's bigger studio and it's dope, BUT that thing has had problems since it arrived (and where the phuck is the *note off*).

Akai's replaced parts in it twice in the past two months. Recently the hard drive crashed, so loads of sounds are gone. The CD functionality isn't ready yet and ak.sys has been "on the way" for awhile, but it ain't out either.

Also, new OS updates are great, but it'd be nice if they came out a little less than weekly and the software to load the new OS hsould be more stable/easier. Anyways, the owner's back on the 2K 'til the 4K is returned. I know this can be typical of new hardware, but as far as I know, the 3K was solid since it came out. I believe this box was in production early last year and you'd think the bugs would be out by now /mo....

oh and check out the dope covers/pads/poses at http://www.forat.com/service/pic/page1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
aiigt, so the ak.sys came out yesterday

it's interesting, but the manual sux, and when it don't suck, it blows:D ; looks like I can do more wave editing hear (via wavelab) and some mixer stuff, which is dope, in addition to all other tasks handled by the 4000;

still, we're waiting 'til next week to get a new mp to replace this one with the failed hard drive; it still works fine, just all that .snd data gone

You Got Me

I know I saw some big names on there, tho, obviously tyrese on the first page, skinny dude from boyz 2 men, etc. a lot of real working producers are on there, you might not know the face, but u can believe they workin or gettin the $$ from somewhere....

Back