MPC Studio... Reason

TonyFinesse

For those of you who have tried the MPC studio thing and the software it comes with, what are your thoughts? How were the drums it came with? How was sampling with it? Is the sequencer efficient and stable?

I've been using reason for years and I love the way it works. But I've always wanted to get some hardware. The MPC studio looks like it works exactly like a real hardware mp, but of course u need the pc with it. I used to have maschine and got rid of it just cuz I like reason better, but I feel like the mpc studio plus a motif or korg workstation with it would be a nice set up for making beats.

For those of you who have tried the MPC studio thing and the software it comes with, what are your thoughts? How were the drums it came with? How was sampling with it? Is the sequencer efficient and stable?

I've been using reason for years and I love the way it works. But I've always wanted to get some hardware. The MPC studio looks like it works exactly like a real hardware mp, but of course u need the pc with it. I used to have maschine and got rid of it just cuz I like reason better, but I feel like the mpc studio plus a motif or korg workstation with it would be a nice set up for making beats.

yo i have the renaissance its dope reason is dope to but the renaissnace is a beast plust mpc just gave out more drum kits and vst's with the new update that had 3500 presets. Sampling is easy simple from sampling off of tv, youtube, your phone, vinyl, midi keyboards such a korg kross, korg kronos, triton and any other hardware you have laying around that you want to sample off of. the mpc studio software is straight forward but with the hardware its kind like fl studio reason and many other daws but except its like actually touching your workflow all the way down to song mode mix and mastering.

the renaissance cost me bout 1000 it has more midi ports and its own interface mf heavy to i be trying to take it every
where. they akai has a smaller version of it called mpc studio you should definately get that if your plan to be mobile a lot.

but either one you chose you cant lose. the mpc software comes with plenty of great vst's to get you started such as the 809, Hybrid, the bank, and plenty gigs of drum kits as well load up ones that you already have purchased or downloaded from any where. btw shit dope mane its definately worth saving up for or spending your life savings on.

check out the specs at akaipro(dot)com/category/mpc-series
or over at youtube

i said all that to say this A Dope Beat is a Dope beat my brother. peace out

Last edited:
I've owned both (MPC Studio and Maschine Mikro) and ended up selling them.
They are both similar in many ways but the Maschine has some key features that make it a better choice IMO out of the 2.

That said, maybe if I wasn't so comfortable with my software I would have kept one of the two.

In the future, if I have some extra dough I may just end up grabbing an MK1 (Maschine) because I think grabbing the Mikro is where I went wrong with my selection in that line.

$.02

Last edited:
mikro and the mpc studio i believe is for traveling purposes Machine MK1 and Mpc Renaissance are made for the house. they can get heavy you ever travel the mega bus with a renaissance 61 key korg kross laptop pillow on the bus while your monitors and clothes are under the bus... headache especially if you got multiple stops.

yea they both do the same thing though but compare the specs on the hardware and software mpc wins!

Back