Most ****ed Problem I've seen in FL No clue what could cause this...

C4Productions

Ok so I'm making a beat and programming the kicks in.. and i have a part where it goes fast on 6th beats i dunno how to explain it but in the piano roll I pick snap to 1/6 beat and put the kick on every 1/6 beat for the the length of the roll which is the last 2 bars of my drum pattern.... and all of a suddenn... Every other note is not playing... theyre there.. the velocities all the way up... but every second note is muted... only on the ones i snapped to 1/6 the rest of the drum pattern is snapped to 1/4 beat and everythings playing fine.. wtfff

No ones seen anything like this before eh?? Its happening again now on a new song I'm trying to put in a long 808 bass and some of the notes are just not playing... it will hit really short like a regular kick or like its getting cut off... i have no clue what to do this is making me lose my mind lol

Not really sure what is going wrong but I thought of a potential work-around. What if you were to add two instances of the kick and alternate between the two channels. If you're still experiencing a cut-out, try setting the pan in opposite directions just slightly. If none of this works, then I'm all out of ideas, sorry. Maybe someone else here will have experienced something similar or have a more tried and true work-around for you.
Good luck!

That might actually work.. never thought of that! Thnx for the idea man I'll let you know if it works next time it happens(which is hopefully never lol) my way of fixing it was just changing the drum pattern till it wasnt hitting on any of the forbidden spots lol

Are you sure there is no like X or Y mod makin it mute or something? I've never used em but I know in the piano roll you can get to them the same way you can get to panning or velocity try that. Is there any automation at all?

I know a lot of my wierd probs with fl can be solved by just deleting all my automation. lol

Also be sure your notes aren't overlapping either. If the Kick is on its own channel as a regular sample (wav or otherwise) try tweaking the CRF knob (just shy of extreme left) in the channel settings SMP menu at the bottom. Instead of playing the whole sample, it will trigger the sound only for the duration of your note.

Ok. first off, are you using a wav/mp3 sample for this kick? Or an instrument? If your using a sample and your buffer is very very high ( in combination with other settings like hardware buffer etc), FL studio might not even be reading the note there, as it is coming in too fast after the previous instance of the sample hit. (Just an idea... could be way off).

secondly. If it IS a sample, i suggest you use the "Cut itself" setting in the channel properties window. Set it to cut itself by 1/1 or even smaller if possible, this will prevent your buffer from whacking out on quickly repeated instances of the same audio clip. Hope this helps, again... i could be way off.

Back