Mixing in Reason instead of Live?

sheateeley

I'm about to sit down and do final mixdowns of a bunch of tracks I've had around. Most of the production was done with Reason ReWired into Live. I just recently upgraded to Reason 6.5 (I hadn't used it in years, since 2.5), and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to export all of my Live tracks and bring them in to Reason to mix.

Has anyone done this? Does the new mixer in Reason and all of its onboard fx/comps/eqs really sound good? Is Reason stable enough to run a bunch of wav files at once?

One of the reasons I'm asking this is because I was going to possibly buy myself a nicer compressor plugin, but then I remembered there are new compressors and shit in Reason that I haven't really tried yet. I'm going to give it a shot either way to find out for myself, I was just curious what other people think.

Last edited:
Your booking studio time? You could technically save up and buy something that you could master your own tracks at home and save urself the time n money

Your booking studio time? You could technically save up and buy something that you could master your own tracks at home and save urself the time n money
the problem with home mixing isn't the gear one has at home these days but rather the room the person is mixing in. A studio is an ideal space for sure but how important is it to the OP to have studio quality vs good quality? Good quality can be had in either space.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

And Reason's SSL mixer is really good I personally do not mix there though I tend to rewire Reason into Live 8 and do mixing in Live for the time being.

Back