Mixing in FL Studio 10

Planetary

Hey guys, I did a collaboration with a friend as a little experiment to mix all types of genres into the beat, but I wanted to get an opinion on how the mix sounds, because it was done on FL Studio and I need a second opinion, on stuff like structure of the mix in each part.

Track was dope, really different was refreshing to listen to. The kick is a bit dull for my taste, could come up a bit to make it hit harder. Some of the transition effects are a bit loud IMO, they're there more to move from parts than be a huge part of the track so I think they should be faded to the background a bit.

the headphones I used are pretty shitty but it sounds pretty good. The kicks could use a bit more power, but from what I heard it's ok.

Thanks guys - BeatGenerals - thanks for your feedback it was most welcoming, i could blend the effects a bit more into the background. I dont have good speakers, just some regular logitec surround for pc. And Blackmore - thank you for your advice too. About the kick, though, how do you suggest i make it harder without it sounding weird, or muddy.. do i compress the kick a little more to give it that fine tuning and then raise the volume up a little bit? Or should i add a layer in the kick? You see, i have a bit of difficulty trying to find the right thing to do with it.

The vocal sample was TIGHT! I didn't really like the snare, it sounded a bit weak for my taste, but then again that's a matter of what you were going for, not an error in your mixing.

Thank you all for your feedback. I have a question regarding speakers, I have a old logitec surround sound system with a sub connected to the computer, my question is, what are the benefits to having studio-type monitors, what difference does it make? and for these high powered speakers do I need to think about amps and ect?

Back