Midi and Samples, loops. sound effects...

L

listen 2dabeat

WHEN IT COMES TO MIDI DRUM MACHINES. WHAT ARE THE INSTRUMENTS CALLED; (THE SNARE, CLAP, DRUMS, PROCUSSIONS) ARE THOSE THE SAMPLES? AND IF SO, DOES PRO TOOLS COME WITH THESE SO I CAN CONNECT ALL THEM TO MY DRUM MACHINE AND....DOES IT COME WITH THE NEEDED BASS LINES, GUITAR CHOARDS, ORGANS..THESE TYPES OF THINGS TO ALSO CONNECT TO MY KEYBOARD? ISN'T IT SOMETHING LIKE...CONNECTING THE PROGRAMS MIDI IN TO THE HARDWARES MIDI OUT, THEN CHOOSING WHICH INSTRUMENT YOU'D LIKE?
i know its kind of asking a lot, knowing a lot of poeple don't use pro tools, i realy don't disagree with you there. its a program that i'm getting books for, simply because i dont understand how to use it.
i just need to know what the sound effects are (drum kicks,snares, bass---- what are they called?) pretty much all that stuff to put together a beat and if pro tools le 8 already offers them. im thinking about buying my own and downloading them to pro tools just so i have more to work with.
this is just one of too many questions.

if anyone could help or send me to a site that can help that would be sweet. like is said, its just one of many questions.

I already answered your other thread, but here it goes again: MIDI 101. Basically you're on point - the pads/keyboard simply send instructions to the software on what note(s) to play, for how long, at which velocity etc.

"MIDI drum machine" doesn't really offer insight on how it works - if you're still talking about that MPD, it's not a drum machine at all; it's a MIDI controller.

Back