Mac to PC

Smy

Hey Folks,

After years of waiting i finally have the possibility to start creating the Studio of my dreams. :victory:
During the study i already got pretty familiar to Logic pro and spent hundreds of hours with it.
I really like it and got quiet used to it.

Yet my hardware isn't sufficient (for quiet a while now) and i have to upgrade.
Looking at the Mac Pro I just have no words.
Its not that i couldn't afford it, I'm just not willing to pay that horrendous amount of money for (obsolete!) Hardware.
I liked Mac, but i really don't want to support that idea of avarice anymore.
In a few years i would have to upgrade again and would have the same problem over and over...

Now my Problem/Question:
I have dozens of Projects in Logic where i spent a HUGE amount of time.
Maybe a makeover with new equipment and an acoustic treated studio would make them worth mastering and releasing? At least some favorites? I don't know.
Yet I really would like to give it a try.
But I guess already a new Mac System would cause quiet some trouble with the import.
Not to mention if i want to continue with Pro Tools/Cubase/Ableton.
Anyone with similar experiences?
Are there ways to make it possible?
Maybe the MIDI Files?
Or do i just have to make an audio file out of every single track? (I'm afraid so, which would make it almost impossible :( - i would lose almost the entire control)
Saving the settings of every single Plugins... The automations... I think it would be too much.

Looking forward for some advice :p

Cheers

Last edited:
Wow. 3 days later, not a single answer.
Even if constantly 20+ people are reading this sub forum and i have "mac and pc" in my thread title. :P

Guess i'm going to wait a few more month's, really hoping they come up with the new mac pro soon (DDR4...)
And I hope the price won't be much higher than the current one.
For the cheapest version with 500GB i would pay 4.2k at this moment, which is too much for hardware that is 2 years old imho.

Last edited:
Back