Low Quality Rendering in FRUITY LOOPS!!!!

M

magic stick

wassup fam

I have a problem whereby when i render my beats in FL 5 to mp3 or wav the sound quality drops significatly. i applied some effects to my samples like 7 band eq's, reverbs to strings and compression to master. i also applied blood overdrive to master n it improved the quality by a very tiny amount. the beat sounds fine in fruity loops but when i render it.

anyway can sum1 suggest a 'cure' for this. pls

hope to hear from y'all soon

peace

magic stick said:
wassup fam

I have a problem whereby when i render my beats in FL 5 to mp3 or wav the sound quality drops significatly. i applied some effects to my samples like 7 band eq's, reverbs to strings and compression to master. i also applied blood overdrive to master n it improved the quality by a very tiny amount. the beat sounds fine in fruity loops but when i render it.

anyway can sum1 suggest a 'cure' for this. pls

hope to hear from y'all soon

peace

I had the same problem.If u are splitting your tracks the master effects wont apply to the rest.The master track gets rendered by itself.All the other tracks render with whatever fx are on them.If your rendering just 2-track then u should be okay.

Check out my fl studio 7 production's

www.myspace.com/rhymecrimes - hold u & never '07 are mixtape tracks the other 3 i did in FL 7 HOLLA!

Aye.. Jus' chill coz it's very easy to do dat.. And Ima help you wid it.. Aiight?
First, If you really wanna get a HIGH QUALITY sound in FL when you export your work.. Don't eva render in Mp3! Always render in WAV format!
It's up to you if you render in Mp3.. But you'll lose quality if you do dat!
I always save my work in WAV.

Second, when you render WAV files.. Look at da quality where it says "Sampler Interpolation". Make sure to change dat to "Sinc Depth 64" OR "Sinc Depth 128" INSTEAD of "Linear". You'll also see "Sinc Depth 256".. But to me.. Dere's no big difference between Depth 128 & Depth 256!
Now.. Fruity Loops will start rendering.. But it will be sloww and might take more time.. Coz you changed da quality settings to higher quality.
Now enjoy your high quality sound.

the sinc depth and bitrate makes a huge difference. Linear sounds like crap. Even when mixing in Fl the mixer setting has a slight difference. Sinc Depth 256-512 sounds crystal clear and amazing. I export all my wavs at 32 Bit Float then Dither to 24 when I mix. It makes a huge difference....

KomplexBeats said:
the sinc depth and bitrate makes a huge difference. Linear sounds like crap. Even when mixing in Fl the mixer setting has a slight difference. Sinc Depth 256-512 sounds crystal clear and amazing. I export all my wavs at 32 Bit Float then Dither to 24 when I mix. It makes a huge difference....

I TOTALLY AGREE wit'chu!!
It makes a huge HUGE difference!

I rememba when FL first came out.. I was new and I didn't know how to do anything! I wasn't payin' attention to da "Sinc Depth".. And dat was wrong!
I took my time.. Talked to people.. Read online and everything.. Now I can say I'm learnin' fast...LOL

Thanks a lot guys. I'll implement those changes. And sorry i took a while to respond. but thanx again

peace

People... Don't forget to consult the manual (Just hit F1 in FL or go to www.flstudio.com/help). This is covered very clearly in it.

Per the manual:
Quality

Sets the quality of the rendered wave output. NOTE: To specify the interpolation method to be used for real-time playback, adjust your Audio Settings. If you are using a different live (see Audio settings) and rendered interpolation modes, then there may be slight differences in the high frequency sound. If you want to include these artifacts in your rendered sound, then use the same interpolation mode here as in the live settings.

Sample Interpolation - Sets the waveform interpolation method used in Sampler/Audio-Clip channels when exporting to wave/mp3. Interpolation is a curve fitting process that computes sample amplitude data between the known sample points (filling in the gaps). This is required when samples are transposed from their original pitch and the program calls for a sample out of sync with the source data-points. Without interpolation quantizing (amplitude) errors can create unwanted high-frequency harmonic artifacts (aliasing). FL Studio provides several methods of increasing computational complexity and therefore accuracy -

Linear interpolation is the fastest method. It provides basic linear averaging between samples, however it can result in aliasing (high frequency noises) if samples are transposed far from their original pitch.

6-point Hermite has been optimized to be a quick curve interpolation method with superior quality to linear interpolation. It is ideal for exporting 'working drafts' of your audio files.

64, 128, 256, 512-point Sinc methods provide increasing quality interpolation, but they are also very slow. We recommended that you use at least 64-point Sync on your final render, or better still, the maximum Sync value that you are prepared to wait to finish rendering.

Linear should only be used when real-time monitoring during the creation/arrangement process. And, this is only if your PC can't keep up with 6-point Hermite or higher (this is set in the audio settings panel).

For rendering, 6-point Hermite should be the minimum setting used (and ONLY for drafts). Use at a minimum 64-point Sinc for final rendering. Never use MP3 as a final render, only for drafts or for sharing over the internet. Burn your test CD's from wav's.

Last edited:
No problem. FWIW, my post wasn't directed to you specifically... just kind of to everyone...

jaym127 said:
You'll also see "Sinc Depth 256".. But to me.. Dere's no big difference between Depth 128 & Depth 256!

You'd probably notice the difference on better monitors. Using a higher interpolation depth won't give bigger files, just better quality pitchshifted/timestretched elements and a bit longer rendering time.

It should also be mentioned that changing the interpolation method does only affect FLs own plugins which playback samples. Like Sampleplayer, Granulizer, Wavetraveller... all VSTs and synth plugins like 3xOsc, Sytrus,... don't get affected at all by choosing a higher interpolation algorithm.

Last edited:
yo guys the solution is go in control panel --> sound and device --> where u see device volume click advance now right next to master u see WAVE turn that up

Your solution to a thread (from 2007 no less) about rendering quality is turning up the volume? Sign o' the times, I guess.

lmao ... i just had the same prob in fl 9 and noticed my wave vol was down i didn't even know what that was for ...

Back