Logic versus MPC 4000

H

HathRisen

I make hip hop records and I've been using mpc's for some time now. It's time to upgrade from my MPC 2000xl and I need some thing that works well as a center piece for my production studio. Basicaly I have in mind to go with A) MPC 4000 or B) Logic Audio/Power Book. I need run my MPC 60II and my SP1200 off of the centerpiece via midi. Anybody experienced with either one and or both of these sequencers? I would love some sound advice on the matter and there seems to not be a whole lot of info out and about on the subject. Please let me know if you've got opinions.:D

Haven't used either of them, but I do hav an opinion :rolleyes: , or rather a question: do you have a particular reason to switch over to software? Sounds to me like you are a hardware guy, experienced in using boxes that react well to realtime tweaking and banging pads; you might find it hard (as in taking away a lot of the fun) to make the switch. And the MPC 4000 is a mighty piece of gear with a excellent sampler inside..... Just a thought.

Back