Logic Pro 9 Release?

S

Speaker-Head

If you had to guess when Logic Pro 9 would come out, when do you think it would come out? I'm just curious. I understand that there is nothing wrong with Logic Pro 8, but would it be in 2009 or 2010 sometime?

There is absolutely no point in speculating its release.

You can't do it. There's not enough history to base it on.

The only real knowledge we have is that there was nearly 3 years between Logic 7 and Logic 8. Logic 8 came out in ~Q3 2007. That was also when apple switched from selling logic pro as a seperate product, and releasing it as a suite.

I wouldn't hold my breath for logic 9 anytime soon, in fact, I'd be a little annoyed if Logic 9 came out next year. There's not enough that they can really add to it in my opinion to justify another release and purchase.

Enjoy Logic 8, it's not going away anytime soon.

It comes out when it comes out.
How the hell would anyone here know

hes prolly asking so he doesnt buy Logic 8 and have 9 come out 3 months later

kinda what happend to me but I bought express 7

Id guess Logic 9 will come out in another year or so

either way you can always just upgrade for like $150

Logic 9 should concentrate on having a massive library IMO preferably more drum kits

breal said:
It comes out when it comes out.
How the hell would anyone here know

I wasn't saying it like anyone on here knew. I don't even know and I knew people wouldn't know. I just wanted to see what people would predicted.

Plus, Seany Mac kinda hit it too. But mines more of a college thing as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish there was a PC alternative that had the same exact workflow and set up as Logic Pro 8.

I just bought a Miko. First time in my life I've ever owned a PC and I'm not really understanding the thought behind the flow of Reaper.

I still love Logic, been using it since 2.6, but something about the playback engine... I was just tired of the sound and wanted a complete change.

But damn... I really love the workflow of Logic 8.
They really made it so very nice.

Maybe Logic 9 will make a comeback to PC.
lol.

I expect we'll see a (new) 'Logic 9' around the same time as 'Snow Leopard' which will co-insides with these new Mac Pro releases, and the whole new architecture of the Nehalem processors.

2 or 3 months time, I reckon.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Logic Pro 9 will be out end of 2009 Same time as Reason 5, Cubase 5, FL Studio 9 and the New Yamaha Workstation Motif XV.

You guys don't keep up?

P.S. I just made all that up, but, hell, don't it sound good?

you brought me up.......then shot me right back down

HAH!!! I GUESSED RIGHT!!! 2009 FOR LOGIC!!! lol. Sorry, I had to.

Logic Pro 9 will be out end of 2009 Same time as Reason 5, Cubase 5, FL Studio 9 and the New Yamaha Workstation Motif XV.

You guys don't keep up?

P.S. I just made all that up, but, hell, don't it sound good?

Deranged kinda looks like a prophet here! I mean if Yamaha comes out with a new Motif, then Deranged is going to be bugged by everyone on this forum for predictions! LOL!

ONE

i found some news on a german website...

i'll try to translate it ;-)

+Logic 9 will be released in september 2009
+it will cost 499 euro (i don't know how much dollars lol)
+the upgrade-version 199 euro

in the pack will be:

Logic 9.0
Mainstage 2.0
Soundtrack Pro 3.0

some utilities
over 20,000 apple loops
over 1700 EXS instruments
6 jam-packs
and a lot of instruments an effect-plugins

Logic 9 runs on a Intel Mac...1GB Ram...Mac OS X 10.5.7

EDIT: on the official apple website you can buy it now lol^^