Logic and Drum Sequencer

HaSTe

Firstly, I was wondering how i could get the 'Drumset Library' that comes with Logic Platinum 5 to work.

It says to paste into your autoload song environment window, thats just the instruments window in the environment isnt it? Then after i've done that, i try to allocate the drumkit in my arrange window to a track. I then open up my matix edit window to try and play it, but when i hit the keys, its just silent. What am i doing wrong?

One of the drumset for example is the Korg 01/W Drumkit A1. Do i actually need to have this drumkit (and thus these are just presets for it), or can i treat this a software instrument? I basically want to be able to trigger these drums in my matrix edit window. I know it has instructions but they dont make sense to me. How do I set up my enviroment and arrange window etc so that i can play these drumkits?

Im aware that my knowledge of logic is limited, so if i've made any fundamental mistake here, please let me know.

Also this doesnt necessarily apply to Logic but it would be great if it did - Is there any software or plug in you can get which treats your computer keyboard like a sample trigger? ie, hit the space bar and it plays a snare drum you've allocated it? Anyonw know of any software that can do this? It would help me in the mean time while im trying to save up for a proper sampler.

Any help much appreciated.

As I understand it, the drumkits with logic are sets of preset names for your matrix editor. Where normally you have notes mapped as a standard general midi set (c1 plays kick drum, d1 is a snare, etc), this feature allows you to set up the names and mapping for some other non-GM drumkits. Sorry, you can't play them by themselves, and there not much use unless you have the requisite hardware drum machine.

Back