Logic 9 As A Standalone OR Is Mashine Even Needed??

Nautty

Nautty Productions
Looking to purchase Logic 9 soon and also looking at Mashine and what it can do. After seeing Logic it seems the 2 can do the same thing but of course Mashine would be used to trigger samples instead of a standard midi keybaord.

So is it worth the extra $599 to get this OR should I just stick with Logic and a midi controller to do everything in? Kinda torn but want to hear from teh veterans in this.

Thank you

My advice would be not to buy both if you don't know whether or not you need both. From a personal viewpoint, i like software sequences, so i would recommend logic to begin with and then get maschine if you decide and realise that you still want it. If you prefer the maschine way of sequencing then get that first, then logic after if it's still the workstation you want to use. Getting both and not knowing why is a bad idea in my opinion.

My advice would be not to buy both if you don't know whether or not you need both. From a personal viewpoint, i like software sequences, so i would recommend logic to begin with and then get maschine if you decide and realise that you still want it. If you prefer the maschine way of sequencing then get that first, then logic after if it's still the workstation you want to use. Getting both and not knowing why is a bad idea in my opinion.

I Understand. I am not new to making beats (old school kat by way oif the Akai S950 for over 20 years) but I have seen logic in person (friend) and I seen in videos with Mashine does. Im getting Logic for sure but just wanted to know if by using Maschine is it really needed since it does seem on the surface it does what Logic can do as well.

In my personal honest opinion.. I would recommend getting both (*gasp* I know), but not without trying both first. The way my workflow goes is like this:
-Open Up Maschine either as standalone, or plugin in Logic 9
-Create Drum Loop, Sample Chops, or general basic idea for beat in Maschine and export into Logic.
-Once in Logic I mix in there and add additional instrumentation.

I'm more comfortable doing things like mixing and adding addition sounds whether via recording or plugins in Logic. Maschine I use to layout my ideas quickly seeing as how I wasn't too big of a fan of using logics ESX sampler or Ultrabeat to do my drums. I definitely love and recommend the workflow of using both together although.

In my personal honest opinion.. I would recommend getting both (*gasp* I know), but not without trying both first. The way my workflow goes is like this:
-Open Up Maschine either as standalone, or plugin in Logic 9
-Create Drum Loop, Sample Chops, or general basic idea for beat in Maschine and export into Logic.
-Once in Logic I mix in there and add additional instrumentation.

I'm more comfortable doing things like mixing and adding addition sounds whether via recording or plugins in Logic. Maschine I use to layout my ideas quickly seeing as how I wasn't too big of a fan of using logics ESX sampler or Ultrabeat to do my drums. I definitely love and recommend the workflow of using both together although.

Sounds about what I was thinking. So in Maschine you would lay out the structure of the song (begining, middle end) and then record it into Logic to put on the final touches. Quick on Maschine you can do the whole sequence in thier as well? Meaning when to put in certain breakdowns, rolls, etc thorughout the whole song?

Sounds about what I was thinking. So in Maschine you would lay out the structure of the song (begining, middle end) and then record it into Logic to put on the final touches. Quick on Maschine you can do the whole sequence in thier as well? Meaning when to put in certain breakdowns, rolls, etc thorughout the whole song?

Yup. Exactly how it works. In Maschine I would typically do all my big sections (Intro-Verse-Hook-PreHooks-Breaks) and then export that into logic. That or I would work in 4-16 bar loops and export those into logic to sequence and tweak. I try to sequence as much as I can in Maschine just for the sake of making everything easier.

Back