Logic 9 coming out...

whats up with the crazy price to upgrade the software? that sucks

I know damn 200 bones? sheesh......I was gonna get NI Komplete but maybe I should just upgrade to 9

that flex timing is prolly rediculous.........first thing I thought of was what crazy things just blaze is gonna come up with

just checked with all the retailers in my area......no one has it yet. ugh.

also i just got off the phone with apple...and there will be NO free upgrade..even if you purchased it a week ago...

wowzers

Apple gives you two weeks to bring back software if something new comes out. I suggest you do that.

ya I think they are trying to compete with record
one of the demo vids are titled "logic for garage band users"

its cool thats it is only 500 bucks

^^^
Yeah LOL and people around here love to rip on Digidesign. At least with protools, the jump from 7.4 to 8.0 was pretty damn big and was only $149. Apple is basically adding some audio tools that Digi, Reaper, and Ableton Live have had for years and they want $200 (no new instruments/patch overhauls). Oh and some bug fixes...That being said, Im gonna stick with Logic 8 for now and keep these projects going till I get a macbook pro. I think this is pretty good for folks that dont have a DAW yet, but for current users, it's kind of a shaft money wise (unless youre an engineer). As for the whole cubase thing, at this point, all the DAWs on the market are all pretty much on each others level, Cubase 5 I hope is more stable than its SX3 days, cuz if so, i would think it is as good as logic especially if you are relying on the same 3rd party plugs over stock stuff (Komplete 5)

^^^
Cubase 5 I hope is more stable than its SX3 days

I heard about this but I've never had a stability issue with Cubase. I didn't use Cubase 5 before the update came out though which was meant to fix a few things.

The only trouble I have ever had is with 64 bit Cubase. I am pretty sure it was because my hard drive was dying as well. I haven't tried it again since. Don't want to reinstall everything again.

Logic 9 is too little, too late. The new audio tools are very nice, but they don't put Logic 9 anywhere close to Cubase or some of the other stuff out there. With this update, they really should have tried to top the competition but they didn't. So they will probably remain lagging forever. It takes them several years to come up with a new version, and when they do, it's minor like this one and they still want $200.00 for it. I have Studio 8, but I suppose that is the end of the line for me. I'm still on Cubase 4, but I will probably upgrade to C5, or wait for C6. The programs are cheap, but the upgrades are more expensive.

I bought logic a little less than a month ago. Only thing I want logic 9 for is the improved mainstage

Just updated. I did it for the audio tools and an extra jam pack. not thrilled with pay update but I now have the audio tools I need and the jam pack is a nice addition. Officially done with PTMP, that alone worth the upgrade price.

Just updated. I did it for the audio tools and an extra jam pack. not thrilled with pay update but I now have the audio tools I need and the jam pack is a nice addition. Officially done with PTMP, that alone worth the upgrade price.

How is the "Flex Time" ?? Also was it easy to upgrade ?

How is the "Flex Time" ?? Also was it easy to upgrade ?

upgrade was simple. Long as hell but I did install everything. I then deleted Logic 8 and Mainstage 1 using AppZapper. played with Flex Time a little and it functions like elestic audio in PT does to me at least. I also ran Xslimmer which removed the PPC version and leaves only the Intel version, saved another gig of space just by removing PPC version.

upgrade was simple. Long as hell but I did install everything. I then deleted Logic 8 and Mainstage 1 using AppZapper. played with Flex Time a little and it functions like elestic audio in PT does to me at least. I also ran Xslimmer which removed the PPC version and leaves only the Intel version, saved another gig of space just by removing PPC version.

yeah....i remember 8 took FOREVER to install. I think i'm gonna be upgrading within the next week. Thanks for the info though homie. It is much appreciated.

just got the upgrade and installed it.....i'll let people know what's good when i get a chance

The biggest problem with 8 was its sucky audio manipulation. Getting loops to work properly was a pain in the ass, if you compare to what I think is the easiest, Ableton Live (you import an audio file, and any tempo, it just WORKS!)

Back