Loading Samples Files Faster w/ Reason's NN-XT Sampler?

dueces4eva

So I'm in the process of sampling some of my favorite sounds from various VST's like Nexus 2, Sylenth and a few others to load in the NN-XT sampler. Basically I have a program that allows me to sample from vst's and save in soundfont format and then load into the NN-XT as a soundfont file. They sound perfect but the only issue I'm having is there taking forever to load into the NN-XT. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to make the load as fast as refills do. Maybe the file sizes of the soundfonts are too large is what I was thinking and maybe NN-XT can't load them because of the type of sampler it is.

Any help on figuring this out would be very helpful

Last edited:
So I'm in the process of sampling some of my favorite sounds from various VST's like Nexus 2, Sylenth and a few others to load in the NN-XT sampler. Basically I have a program that allows me to sample from vst's and save in soundfont format and then load into the NN-XT as a soundfont file. They sound perfect but the only issue I'm having is there taking forever to load into the NN-XT. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to make the load as fast as refills do. Maybe the file sizes of the soundfonts are too large is what I was thinking and maybe NN-XT can't load them because of the type of sampler it is.

Any help on figuring this out would be very helpful

Yep, pack your own refill like they said. What program you using to sample vst sounds to soundfonts?

Yep, pack your own refill like they said. What program you using to sample vst sounds to soundfonts?

Thanks for the advice everybody!

@Louie

I'm have two programs I'm using one is the Extreme Sample Converter and the other is FL Studio 9 the Directwave sampler allows you to vst patches and save them as wav files. Then what Ive been doing is loading the wav's into nn-xt select automap zone and save them as a nn-xt patch.

The only issue I'm having with loading the wav's into NN-XT is when i'm playing them back they sound different than the original sample like a modulation is on in the NN-XT so i'm working on figuring that out next and I'll be good to go.

Back