LIVE 8 ... Does it crash on you too?

B

biggrome

Live 8 has crashed on me about 6 or 7 times since I've had it. LIVE 7 didn't crash...

Is LIVE 8 crashing on anybody else? I have to authorize it again every time, find the library every time... etc.

Its tellin u rome to come back home to "REASON" and make some more tuts on your site. :o)......Naw just messin have no clue man.

Its tellin u rome to come back home to "REASON" and make some more tuts on your site. :o)......Naw just messin have no clue man.

I sure did give it a shot yesterday... and I wasn't worried about it crashing, lol.

A few more crashes... and I might be back.

I have to buy a different soundcard to make vids, I got a newer PC and the onboard soundcard records like crap.

There's no way to record audio from an ASIO driver.... or is there? Anybody know?

You can record your audio using a different program simultaneously with the video and then sync it up in your video editing program, that's what I do using Camstudio.

I sure did give it a shot yesterday... and I wasn't worried about it crashing, lol.

A few more crashes... and I might be back.

I have to buy a different soundcard to make vids, I got a newer PC and the onboard soundcard records like crap.

There's no way to record audio from an ASIO driver.... or is there? Anybody know?

other way round for me live 7 crashed alot but 8.0.2 works a charm no crashes at all only when i quit live 8 does it crash but that makes no difference to me! Let me ask do you did you "buy" your live or was it how i think you've got it lol but also a few things that will make it crash from past experiecenes(sp) hitting the play/stop multiple times eg 8 times in quick succesion the cpu meter reaching the 90% and certain vsts being activated mainly freeware vsts so you might want to try and see if its that but could you describe the crashes so that i might be able to help

other way round for me live 7 crashed alot but 8.0.2 works a charm no crashes at all only when i quit live 8 does it crash but that makes no difference to me! Let me ask do you did you "buy" your live or was it how i think you've got it lol but also a few things that will make it crash from past experiecenes(sp) hitting the play/stop multiple times eg 8 times in quick succesion the cpu meter reaching the 90% and certain vsts being activated mainly freeware vsts so you might want to try and see if its that but could you describe the crashes so that i might be able to help

I dont think rome is one of those guys who would not "buy" the stuff he uses but i will let him answer this. lol

I don't use cracked stuff, lol. I have a fear that my doorbell would ring and some people will say "Come with us!"

It probably was the vsti's I was using. I'll give it another shot but it just started happening a few days ago.

I don't use cracked stuff, lol. I have a fear that my doorbell would ring and some people will say "Come with us!"

It probably was the vsti's I was using. I'll give it another shot but it just started happening a few days ago.

ha ha ha ha you've made my day with atb:-D lol! Maybe it is something to do with your vsts some of those freeware ones seem to make live alot more unstable and something very basic don't have your anti virus or any other stuff running at the same time aswell and that goes for watching movies aswell as those two things seem to make live unstable

The latest version of Live is 8.0.3. Some of the issues that people were having were solved in this version. My MPD 32 didn't work in 8.0.2, so when 8.0.3 was released a few weeks ago, I downloaded it right away.

There is a newer "beta" version 8.0.4b2 which is addressing some other bugs that people have reported.

Rome, I suggest you stay up on the latest version. The Abes do a great job of fixing bugs.

Last edited:
yeah mine crashes alot but it seems like it does it more frequently when my tracks have alot going on with effects...recording vocals works like a charm and ive had like a 8 hour session with reason rewired and no crashes...but trying to use a sampletank plug like philharmonik=chaos after i add couple effects and automation...i was considering upgrading my pc but its good to know im not the only one suffering...but i wouldnt give up on live 8.. all software has bugs with big updates like live 8 has....think of windows 98 to vista...i havent seen the bluescreen since ive started using vista live 8 is getting there with all the updates just a matter of time

I uninstalled the vsti's I installed around the time I made this thread... and LIVE 8 hasn't crashed since...

guess I was blaming the wrong people... maybe the Propellerheads crew are smarter than I thought, no vsti's so people like me won't blame them when the vsti's are crap...

LIVE 8 RULES... again.

I uninstalled the vsti's I installed around the time I made this thread... and LIVE 8 hasn't crashed since...

guess I was blaming the wrong people... maybe the Propellerheads crew are smarter than I thought, no vsti's so people like me won't blame them when the vsti's are crap...

LIVE 8 RULES... again.

What VST is that BTW?

that's the biggest reason why i dont' use vsts always causes the daws to crash, for me its record and reason from now on and yes i use the full version of record right now i have the online license and my god i love that program.

Yeah, thats one of the reasons (no pun...) I'm relying on reason, reason has never crashed on me so they do have a point about not opening it up to vst's. Also live 7 is more reliable on my pc as well.

What VST is that BTW?

A free plug in from Imageline called Autogun... supposed to have 4 million presets...

You can find it on KVR Audio...

I had another rinky dink one too, can't remember the name though. Autogun sounded pretty good.

Hey BiggRome,

I have noticed that Live 8 crashes on me sometimes, and it always seems to be when I am using an Native Instruments VST/AU. It did seem to get a little better when I updated to 8.03 though?

ONE

i have battery 3 and i can tell you how many times that vst has crashed on me now i just use battery's drums within reason

I'm going back to using REASON 4 Only.... this is ridiculous.

If the upgrade wasn't ready to be released they shouldn't have put it out. Their whole forum is full of complaints about crashes.

People that use it "LIVE" say it crashes right in the middle of their set, smh...

I'll stay one version behind from now on and hopefully that'll solve the stability issues.

I've had to re-authorize my PC about 15 times.

I've had to re-authorize my PC about 15 times.

Why have you had to re-authorize so many times?

The latest version of Live is 8.0.4. There is also an 8.0.5b3 beta.

Have you contacted tech support about your crashes?

I had problems with 8.0.2, but I contacted tech support and they acknowledged the bug and fixed it in 8.0.3. If you don't report your problems to tech support, how will they know there is one?

Last edited:
Back