Lemme end the everlasting "What's the best tools" debate once and for all

J

JeanLukPigheart

So we had roughly 2 million threads going back and forth, trying to convince others (but primarly, ourselves), that the tools we are using are "da best".

I'm tired of this.

MPC vs. noMPC
FLStudio vs. ProLogicCubendoLive
samples vs. playing live/clicking/midi

I used it all, from synths as a kid, through Ataris, PCs, Macs, literally ALL major DAWs and mixing consoles, etc...

Who cares, when the final result is an MP3/Wav/CD/Vinyl...???
The listener DOESN'T!!!

We are in the age of the interweb, Web2.0, yada, yada.

So in order to determine what the best tools are, we'd have to focus on something that incorporates the web, is free (as in free beer), let's you share music and is available to ANYONE with a browser.

You can create your own tracks, share them (including the session files) and make beats anywhere you got a computer with a browser.
Does it get better than this? Well, yeah, there's a library of sounds, a couple of drum, synth, sampler modules and some nice effects.
And you can share all the templates.

Yeah, this is the BEST tool to make music.
I know some of you will get fired for making beats at work, but that's not my problem.

AudioTool

"the best way to predict the future is to invent it"

Looks alot like reason but much more of a pain in the ass to work with....

it gets major points for being free and portable. elementary/middle school kids will really appreciate this.

Looks alot like reason but much more of a pain in the ass to work with....

it gets major points for being free and portable. elementary/middle school kids will really appreciate this.

I guess for elementary school kids, it'd have to be way easier to use than this. I taught my little nephew Ableton Live like in an hour and he started to make really, really cool beats with it. He was like 7 or 8 at that time.

And yeah, it's still not perfect and you can improve a lot of the "input via mouse" stuff for easier composing, but if you know what you are doing, you can already make decent stuff with it.

http://www.audiotool.com/project/rnzr

The site does some cool stuff but this just comes off as an blatant advertisement for it.

This doesn't really clear up the debate, however, this should:

You are the best tool. Instruments are not going to play themselves. :)

There are just as many threads just like this as there are debates about what is the best. I've heard ridiculous stuff from every type of equipment out there. Including Karaoke machines patched into Acid Pro.

I do how ever think that we are coming to a revolution in music production when something will change the game as much as digital recording did. Right now there are just too many choices and they are mostly based on previous designs.

I do how ever think that we are coming to a revolution in music production when something will change the game as much as digital recording did. Right now there are just too many choices and they are mostly based on previous designs.

I like the way you think friend.

Back