latency with reason help

D

djvartan

im having midi latency problems with my motu xt and reason. there is like a half second dely in sound from reason when i press the keys on my roland a33. i dont see any buffers for midi in reason . please help.

you have an issue with your sound card, not your MIDI interface. what kind of sound card do you have? when i switched from my built-in sound(DX) to an M-Audio Delta 44(ASIO), latency basically disappeared, though I have a fairly old system...

= chiisu

couple of things to check. first, make sure in control panels-> system-> advanced-> performance you have background services checked, and not applications. second, obviously have the latest drivers for both your Delta 44 and MOTU MIDI interface installed. As long as you do both of those things and have the Delta 44 -> ASIO selected under Reason preferences then you shouldn't have the latency. do you have any other progams open along with Reason, even things that don't show up in the taskbar/system tray? or are you using a mac?

= chiisu

wow that did the trick!. i wasnt using the asio driver. thank you so much . this made my day. :D

Back