Kinda embarassing for an FL Studio vet, but a question...

DliMaX

How do I automatically assign all channels to a seperate mixer route? I mean, it gets tedious to assign each one if I have like 15 different channels

1. Click the channel so the channel settings box comes up
2. Click the plug icon on the very top left
3. Click assign free mixer track.

or

1. Click the channel
2. Press Ctrl + L

and it renames the mixer track to the same name as the sampler channel automatically. But it doesn't work well in some cases (like when you use MIDI outs. It doesn't read MIDI out channels, so it will try to assign something onto a mixer track you're using a multi out VST on)

Last edited:
MIDI outs work according to what mixer track you have the vst you're using them with, on..if that makes sense. It turns into a big problem with multi output vst's when you use MIDI outs because they'll assign to mixer tracks in FL based on the output you have them on in the actual vst, but FL doesn't read those tracks as being in use, even though you can use them with no problem.

So that causes a big mindfxck for the 'assign free mixer track' option later on, because it will start to assign channels to mixer tracks that the outputs from multi out vst's are using, if that makes any more sense.

Last edited:
Yeah they still have a few kinks they need to work out. They still have yet to make FL read the modwheel and aftertouch automatically, unless they finally fixed that in 8. I haven't upgraded yet because they got rid of the FL Slicer, and I hated SliceX.

Hmmm, well in my case, the midiout problem would be for hypersonic. What if I just opened up multiple instances instead of using midiouts? I mean, does it use that much CPU?

I was doing that for a while before I really learned the whole multi output thing. It doesn't really kill your CPU too much. I could open a good 4 or 5 without the CPU starting to lag, but I have a pretty ****ty computer. So if your computer is halfway decent, you shouldn't have much of a problem using Hypersonic that way.

Yeah they still have a few kinks they need to work out. They still have yet to make FL read the modwheel and aftertouch automatically, unless they finally fixed that in 8. I haven't upgraded yet because they got rid of the FL Slicer, and I hated SliceX.

FL Slicer is still in there. I don't hate SliceX, but I almost always choose FL Slicer for a quick cut. The multi-out from SliceX is cool though!

And to assign each of your audio tracks to its own mixer channel, you select all channels and then, in the mixer, select the first free channel. Shift+ctrl+L will assign each one to its own channel sequentially.

Last edited:
You could set up a few channels to mixer channels (whatever you need) and then save it as a template. You can always re-arrange the order of the mixer later but you knew that....
You could also then save a mixer state file.

Dont wanna steal this thread, so if its ok ima just borrow it for a sec and ask a similiar question but for Propellerhead Reason 4 instead.

Does anyone know how you assign each redrum channel to seperate mixer channel, cuz right now im doing it 1,1 2,2, 3,3 and so on and as maker of this thread said its tedicious to do it every single time you work on a project especially if you got EQ and all that going under the Redrum.

Dont wanna steal this thread, so if its ok ima just borrow it for a sec and ask a similiar question but for Propellerhead Reason 4 instead.

Does anyone know how you assign each redrum channel to seperate mixer channel, cuz right now im doing it 1,1 2,2, 3,3 and so on and as maker of this thread said its tedicious to do it every single time you work on a project especially if you got EQ and all that going under the Redrum.

Each channel on the ReDrum has its own output. Tap around back and route cables from each drum to its own mixer channel.

1. Click the channel so the channel settings box comes up
2. Click the plug icon on the very top left
3. Click assign free mixer track.

or

1. Click the channel
2. Press Ctrl + L

and it renames the mixer track to the same name as the sampler channel automatically. But it doesn't work well in some cases (like when you use MIDI outs. It doesn't read MIDI out channels, so it will try to assign something onto a mixer track you're using a multi out VST on)

can anyone confirm that this works for routing multi out vst channels to the mixer in FL?

Back