Just Removed PTMP 8 from my Mac

F

fhinspectit

I currently use Logic Pro for everything that I do and the only reason I had PTMP was that is what I started using on my PC. I haven't upened it since I upgraded it and figured it was just taking up space on my HD. I still kept the Big Fish loops that came with it, as I can use them in Logic. Now I am deciding if I should remove Reason 4 for the same purpose. I never rewire it and have been keeping it around just in case. Anyone use Strictly Logic for all there needs and if not what about Logic/Reason combo?

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to use logic and reason but once i really got into logic its all that i use. Its so versitile that you really dont need much else. I do find the brass to be extremely lacking tho if you have to do anything that required brass found in southern rap. Also i rarely use the drums in logic, I have alot of drums samples that i just load into ultrabeat.

This is great! Some other Logic users, maybe one of you two could give me some help with logic? I've been using it for around 2 years, but I'm finding some instruments very hard to work with and need pointers on getting them to the sound I'd like.

Sorry that I couldn't contribute to your thread fhinspectit!

Why does everyone "throw a DAW away". The programs take up maybe 5gb at the most. The sounds that you load in with the program may take up a ton of room, like with collasus and other huge VST's.

I think that leaving them on a computer is fine. They can allways be used again and brought into the mix somewhere. May be for a specific sound or maybe a technique that you are more comfortable with in a program.

People do that with hardware and then post a million times about wishing they kept thier old MPC or Korg and "who has those samples"

Hardware takes up space though so its understandable, but a DAW is on a harddrive. I say keep them all. Especially if you do recording for clients or have friends that use certain programs, youll allways be compatible.

Just like people who used Pro Tools but moved on to other DAW's, if they keep their digi002 or Mbox, they will allways be compatible with other users and still be able to use the new DAW of choice, so there is no loss taken.

That was my original thought, but I never used it. I figured that I could mainly focus on all that can be done in logic. I just removed Reason and am getting ready to remove fusion with FLstudio

personally i would have kept reason on my mac just for sound purposes.

That was my original intention, but I haven't opened Reason in over three months. I even removed Window via fusion as I used it to access FLstudio as that was my first DAW. I still have everything on disk if I ever decide to use them, but I seriously doubt it. Now all I have is Logic Studio 9, Minimonsta, Izotope, IK Multimedia, and Wavearts plugins on my Mac. Gives me a chance to really focus on what is possible in Logic.

Back