Just got Beat Thang Virtual

never heard of it. thanks for the heads up.
like, are u serious? lol... its been all over the net since Jan... startin to pick up alot of steam.

on another note, i had NO idea i could pre-order the machine rite now!... i was gonna wait till it reached Sam Ash or Guitar Center, but damn, im so effin sold on it im contemplatin gettin it rite now...damn... decisions, decisions.. im at A tug o' war with myself rite now....lol

da relic

Last edited:
hahahah, I feel ya man! Make sure you come over to my beat thang site bro, got all the info going up man. Spent some time talking to the pres last week and dude I'm sold on this thing. I started the site just because lol...they saw it and liked it lol.

peace.

no doubt... im checkin the site as we speak... i guess i'll hold off till september for now... but it's hold on me is very strong at this point... i think its the portability more than anything else... but theyve added so much that u cant ignore it... anybody that calls it a toy bcuz of the name, are fools!

da relic

Last edited:
like, are u serious? lol... its been all over the net since Jan... startin to pick up alot of steam.

on another note, i had NO idea i could pre-order the machine rite now!... i was gonna wait till it reached Sam Ash or Guitar Center, but damn, im so effin sold on it im contemplatin gettin it rite now...damn... decisions, decisions.. im at A tug o' war with myself rite now....lol

da relic

apart from this site and a few choice others it hasn't been mentioned that much. seems like nothing special IMO. i think the way they are marketing this is going to kill them.

I hear ya man! It's all good, I promise to keep the site updated with any and all info I get about it.

I talked to the about their design team...crazy lol.

Anyone that thinks this company is not serious will be very surprised, they are doing some major work behind the scenes man.

I'm tryin to figure out how I can get a job over there lol hahaha hook a brotha up! lol

the portability and integration with software are key features, otherwise it would just be "another beat machine" but those features are very sexy to many producers.

i'm not saying they are not serious. they are putting out a physical hardware product and software. i just think that their marketing strategy and general design of the product is going to hurt them.

apart from this site and a few choice others it hasn't been mentioned that much. seems like nothing special IMO. i think the way they are marketing this is going to kill them.

lol

I know in the beginning, they had some dudes running around online causing trouble, but they squashed that stuff now.

the company is serious, they are doing things that many only dream about, and they have the proper connections to make it happen.

many people complained about their tactics, but it got people talking about the product either way...enough so that when it drops people will be checking for it.

some will check just to see "how wack it is" and some will be checking to see "how dope it is" but either way, people will be checking for it.

That's how it goes, some love ya, some hate ya, and some don't care either way...

yea, i read some threads at other sites... theyre comin off very cocky, and people dont wanna support the machine just bcuz of that... i dont really care how its goin down myself, but i truly believe the majority is gonna buy it... they do have a solid piece on paper... and not everyone's in all these forums seein the bravado... i think its gonna sell really well... especially to cats that dont use the MPC and the other's that wish for another ASRX set up.

da relic

i'm not saying they are not serious. they are putting out a physical hardware product and software. i just think that their marketing strategy and general design of the product is going to hurt them.

i think once folks see it in action, I mean really in action, that won't even be an issue anymore.

but we shall see....I'm looking for them to do well despite the early rough edges they may have had.

it's all good though...I just want to see it drop! lol

you two seem to be rather biased towards this machine though. i personally see it as a niche item and i think it could sink. da relic just said he thinks the majority will buy it. the majority of who? most people have turned to software. more people are turning to software. if people haven't turned to software then they should.

with the price point it's at it sure as hell be better making my jaw drop. i've seen the specs and it's nothing special. maybe they haven't revealed something yet but the thing just looks overpriced and gimmicky IMO.

you two seem to be rather biased towards this machine though. i personally see it as a niche item and i think it could sink. da relic just said he thinks the majority will buy it. the majority of who? most people have turned to software. more people are turning to software. if people haven't turned to software then they should.

with the price point it's at it sure as hell be better making my jaw drop. i've seen the specs and it's nothing special. maybe they haven't revealed something yet but the thing just looks overpriced and gimmicky IMO.

aren't you ever biased towards something you like? I could say you're biased against it lol...

it's all just opinions man, I just happen to be on the side that likes it is all. It's not my machine, I haven't worked my butt off to bring it to to market...but as a producer I think it has some things the set it apart from an otherwise "general beat machine" I really think the laptop battery is a huge plus, and the way you can move stuff between the hardware and software too...

You're right, is is a niche product, just like every other piece of gear.

What remains to be seen is if that niche is big enough to support a new company.

I feel you on the software, I've all but moved totally to it myself, only thing I have left is my mpc. This little machine is the first piece of hardware I've actually been excited about in a long time.

so yeah man, I just like it that's all...i guess that can make me biased, because I want to see it succeed. Either way, I'm going to have one lol.

I think it's one of those machines that everyone will have an opinion about, some will hate it, literally and won't touch it, and some will love it.

It's all good man, doesn't make anyone more right than the other one, it's all just preference.

i actually hope it does succeed. that is why i'm so wary of their rather different approach to marketing and design. we are in a time now when companies most big hardware manufacterers are concentrating more on MIDI controllers rather than on dedicated hardware units.

i hope this company does succeed and i hope they get an opportunity to design and release more products. i just hope they haven't done all this hard work only to seriously damage it via a marketing (or lack of) strategy.

I hear ya bro, I was just talking to my boy about the same thing, far as midi controllers. The fact that this one can be used as a dedicated controller for the software is a plus, I'm hoping it can control other software as well.

This thing will never sell. Who in their right mind is going to buy a piece of hardware called a "Beat Thang," and what is even worse is that they MIGHT have been going somewhere with this had they marketed it better. If Beat Kangz can sell something called a Beat Thang than I am gonna drop my new product called Sounds and Sh1t and compete with Reason 4.

This thing is gonna be a bigger flop then the last Gang Starr album.

Last edited:
hahahahah lol, I really doubt that man, but it's all good, everyone has an opinion.

that last sentence was hilarious though.

remember the MO PHATT ? I'm sure folks said the same thing about that name.

When it comes down to it, people don't really care about a freakin name if the thing or thang works...

we'll see.

i see it this way, theyve got a hardware version, AND a software version... i think alot of peeps will have one of them in their setup... and to say its overpriced??? u cant be serious... the mpc1000 came out at that price, and it didnt have half of the stuff inside.

i paid $1500 for the RS7000 when it came out, and ive been on it ever since... its not easy to sway me... but this "thang" is loaded from top to bottom... i watched it since January, and i was one also to be skeptical... nothin on the "sampling drummachine" side of things has peaked my interest til now... plus theyve talked about updates and instructions on the machine's screen itself... if im the only one that has it... i dont even care... im still one of the few usin the RS, the Fusion, and the ER1 for Hip Hop.

da relic

Last edited:
hahahahah lol, I really doubt that man, but it's all good, everyone has an opinion.

that last sentence was hilarious though.

remember the MO PHATT ? I'm sure folks said the same thing about that name.

When it comes down to it, people don't really care about a freakin name if the thing or thang works...

we'll see.

Yes but the Mo Phatt was put out by Emu who already had credentials from the countless bangers made with the Proteus.
Anyways, I went to your website because I wanted to watch the video but it's not working for me.

"When it comes down to it, people don't really care about a freakin name if the thing or thang works..."

That's just it though. I think they do care. That's why there so much drama between FL studio users, MPC users, and the like. It would be interesting to see this thing sell but I just don't see how they are going to attract attention from Akai and Roland unless it's very cheap, or they get some promotion from somebody big, and I don't see Timbaland or Just Blaze being that promotor. The real truth is everyone in the drum machine community is waiting for a Linndrum II, not a beat thang.

V

Back