Installing VST's in Ableton

Matt Spencer

Hi im trying to install Native Instruments FM8 synth into Ableton Live 7. I installed the synth to C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\My Documents\Ableton\Library\VstPlugins but when i go to Library > VstPlugins on Ableton nothing shows. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to install the VST correctly? Thanks

Edit:You can lock this ive found out how :D

Last edited:
Hi im trying to install Native Instruments FM8 synth into Ableton Live 7. I installed the synth to C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\My Documents\Ableton\Library\VstPlugins but when i go to Library > VstPlugins on Ableton nothing shows. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to install the VST correctly? Thanks

Edit:You can lock this ive found out how :D

I'm having the same issue right now with certain plugins in Live 8 right now. Some insight would be appreciated.

Intelx

I'm having the same issue right now with certain plugins in Live 8 right now. Some insight would be appreciated.

Intelx

2nd post https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309373. I kinda do it a more complicated way but you'll be organized and it will help you in the long run.

You should not be installing vst plugins in the Ableton library. I say that because almost every update the library is also updated with different files even if its the exact same content. Well I have suite but still I wouldn't recommend installing plugins in that directory. You wouldnt want the installer/uninstaller to get rid of the whole folder.

I think you should uninstall the synth first, after that try to install that one. For uninstall it I will recommend you to use revo uninstaller which is might be very useful for you. Hope, this info will be helpful for you.

Last edited:
Back