Individual tracks using rewire into daw

PureBread

I understand you use the hardware interface to indvidually track but im having questions on the daw portion of it...

im on sonar 8... i goto insert/rewire then should i :

1- insert all audio tracks or just one and add them as needed ...

and

2- should they be stereo or mono... thats the part thats really been getting me because im assuming since the hardware interface has for example track 3- left channell track 4- right i should do it in mono right?

but at the same time it just seems like somethings not going through right

Mono is your best bet thats what I used to do. Unless u really need 64 audio tracks from Reasno

1) I'd add tracks as needed, but that I guess is down to preference.

2) Depends completely whether your source material is mono or stereo. Why should the routing dictate anything here?

im saying... in reason .... each cable has its seperate chanel (left/right) so should i have 2 seperate mono tracks say track 3 (subtractor left) and track 4 (subtractor right) or should both of them be stereo...

or is this even the right way...

im saying... in reason .... each cable has its seperate chanel (left/right) so should i have 2 seperate mono tracks say track 3 (subtractor left) and track 4 (subtractor right) or should both of them be stereo...

or is this even the right way...

Two stereo tracks from two mono tracks doesn't make any sense - stereo essentially is the difference between two (mono) tracks. If you "turn" one mono track into "stereo", you'll just have two identical tracks: waste of space. So - two separate mono tracks or one stereo (from the two).

Two stereo tracks from two mono tracks doesn't make any sense - stereo essentially is the difference between two (mono) tracks. If you "turn" one mono track into "stereo", you'll just have two identical tracks: waste of space. So - two separate mono tracks or one stereo (from the two).
The thing is though is thats how Sonar and Reason handle stereo rewire. its always port 1/2, 3/4 ect and when u get to Sonar u cant route them in that way. At least I don't think u can I never tried to.

The thing is though is thats how Sonar and Reason handle stereo rewire. its always port 1/2, 3/4 ect and when u get to Sonar u cant route them in that way. At least I don't think u can I never tried to.

Yeah, I recall there were some odd problems like that - and this stuff's been there since the beginning. Dunno why it's not been fixed (or if they think it doesn't need fixing)...

what the hell that dont sound wise at all... what about a combinator panned and all that going to mono... is there a correct procedure for routing this i know it has to be

---------- Post added 11-01-2010 at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-14-2010 at 04:58 AM ----------

still tryin to get this solved

Well, if Sonar doesn't allow you to put two mono tracks into one stereo tracks, use two mono tracks then for your stereo needs.

but would that not mess the stereo field up? say if i did two mono tracks it would basically be 2 of the same exact sounds going right down the middle

If you take the two tracks from a stereo source and put them on their own tracks, it's not gonna mess anything up - it's the exact same thing. This seems to be a common misunderstanding, thinking that there's something more to stereo but no: it's just two tracks with slightly different data.

Back