Im Having a problem with Reaper and my Mic...

S

Savage Intuition

I have a mic pluggen in thru the mic jack on my laptop (yea i know, bad lol). Reaper recognizes the mic and i select it but when i go to record the mic doesn't pic up anything. I've made sure it was on but it still doesn't get the vocals, it just shows a blank square where wat was supposed to be recorded was supposed to be. My laptop has a built in mic and it'll only record if that is selected. Is my built mic the problem or my soundcard or something? I have a Dell Inspiron 1526. Can anyone help me solve my problem? Thanks

i got it workin but it records my vocals really low like i have to either scream into the mic or hold it really close to my mouth for it to sound loud. Otherwise you can barely hear what i recorded. But it only does this when plugged into my laptop. I'm confused...

dnag, i kinda figured dat lol. Is there anyway to make up for it until i get one

go into your control panel and under the audio tab go to sound recording. click on the advanced button and check in that window if you have microphone boost on.
by the way is it a dynamic mic or condenser your using?

ok. i guess ima have to get da preamp or continue to scream at the mic lol

try running the mic thru a dj mixer before it goes into the pc, i do that and i get fairly loud recordings. get a loan of one if you can and check if it makes any difference.

try running the mic thru a dj mixer before it goes into the pc, i do that and i get fairly loud recordings. get a loan of one if you can and check if it makes any difference.

ok i'll try that. i think i know someone who may be able to loan me one

Back