I want to make a back of Ableton and VSTs, but...

soulbrix

My PC is a bit flooded and I want to format it, installing what I need afterwards. The problem is, I don't know how to backup my vsts.

I've had a bad experience a while ago, because I changed the location of a few vsts inside the vstplugin folder, and an on going project that I had was corrupted because of that. So, I'm affraid that, while transfering everyhting to the new computer, it happens again, and that would be disasterous for me.

How can I deal with this?

By the way, I'm using Vista now. Do you think I should stick with it or change to XP? i'm using an Acer Laptop.

Thanks

use the dvds or cds they came on and reinstall. If you bought downloadable plug ins they usually set up an account for you where you can go on to their site and download the latest update to your purchase

hmm, bit expensive for me right now, and I don't have any friends with it :/ I was thinking about creating a double boot system, with both XP and Vista. I'd use vista for normal using and stuff, and XP as a producing studio, so to speak, with only audio programs and stuff. What do you think?

Back