I need Apple Logic Mix/Mastering $$$

hustlin_moe20

A.K.A. DRILL
Greetings Earthlings,

I'm an underground hip hop artist and do my own recording and half-a** mixing at home. I'm looking for a real LOGIC (not bedroom) studio to clean up my mix and master my projects. I'd like to send my Logic session on disc to the studio to have them load it up and do that for me. If anyone knows a real studio that can do this, please let me know. Every studio around here is Pro Tools only, I know someone in our huge country has a real production Logic set-up somewhere. I can be emailed at hustlin_moe17@yahoo.com or reply here.

P.S. I know some of you bedroom guys are good but no thanks. I'm looking for that sound coming from those big SSL boards and I'm sure you don't have one if you don't have a real studio.:bat:

Your not going to find many engineers running logic and an SSL Board.

Why does it have to be a Logic Studio?

Your best bet is to export all tracks as audio files, then send that to the mix engineer. This way he can export your tracks into his DAW of choice (most likely ProTools as you've found out) and get to work.

Edit: btw how were your vocals recorded at your home? Do you have a great recording set up with a proper room to record in? Since depending on your set up you may want to think about re-tracking your vocals at a professional studio before shelling out the cash to get a professional engineer to mix on his SSL.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies people. I'll be contacting some of you soon. Do you have samples of your work? Any hip hop/rap samples? If I was to export the wav files and send them how would the engineer know where I want certain effects, fades, and other things? :bat:

Your not going to find many engineers running logic and an SSL Board.

Why does it have to be a Logic Studio?

Your best bet is to export all tracks as audio files, then send that to the mix engineer. This way he can export your tracks into his DAW of choice (most likely ProTools as you've found out) and get to work.

Edit: btw how were your vocals recorded at your home? Do you have a great recording set up with a proper room to record in? Since depending on your set up you may want to think about re-tracking your vocals at a professional studio before shelling out the cash to get a professional engineer to mix on his SSL.

You send your notes to the engineer with the audio files.

Or if you pick a engineer close to you, you can bring the files to him and discuss in person what you are looking for out the mix.

You never know he/she might hear your track and have a few ideas of their own that you might not of thought about.

People are funny.
Like others said you can bounce out audio files and that will work once imported into any DAW. But it is easier to wotk with in the same format from start to finish simply for mior adjustments that you may want to make even after the engineer does his thing and sends it back.

However the "SOUND" that people look for many times isnt a sound that they have actually heard and can identify.

The "Pro Tools Sound" the "SSL SOUND" the "Avalon Sound"

Seriously have you ever been in the presence of a tracking session that used an SSL? Because unless you have, then you have no idea of what "the sound" is or why the boards behave the way that they do. Besides for everyone else saynig "its the ****".

Avalon for instance is an absolutley clear preamp, therefore there is no Avalon sound. In fact many engineers prefer a colorful preamp to help shape the sound.

These big names become holy grails for artists that have no clue of what they are looking for or why?

There is Sound Craft, Allen & Heath, and a ton of other high end mixing boards being used but everyone assumes its got to be the all mighty SSL.

Back