I just want to record what I hear

That's odd. focusrite and steinberg have asio drives that do exactly that.
I think native intruments as well. Seems like the presonus one would need asiomulti then if regular asio didn't work.

This field, as is many other fields share the quality of being near-infinite in depth and technicality.
But that's supposed to be what makes these things everlasting imo.

Don't get me wrong now...that stuff is fatiguing lol. But it is in fact easy in most parts once it is learned.
And such an attitude will only inhibit you.

Learning a lot of things over a long period of time will always be, quite tedious.
But thanks to areas like these that research is palpable.

ok.................. maybe this forum has been a place to vent

maybe i've been trying to learn literally everything all at once

someone in here told me to slow down and take on problems one at a time.... thank you... i have

things are getting fun

ableton is great.. all this shit is

:)

cool forum.... :bowindown:

Nothing wrong with learning everything at once, but it has to be an organized way.
Not talking courses either, literally organizing random info from the net.

Tons of online videos for most daws.

what i did was use a behringer uca 202 and a basic studio mixer then route the audio out of the mixer to the input of the uca202 then routed the output of the uca202 into a mixer channel input essentially creating a feedback loop. then set the uca as the default playback & record device in windows and load up either my daw or say audacity for example to record the audio. using this method i can record from any source of audio like youtube, music streams or soundboards if i wanted

what i did was use a behringer uca 202 and a basic studio mixer then route the audio out of the mixer to the input of the uca202 then routed the output of the uca202 into a mixer channel input essentially creating a feedback loop. then set the uca as the default playback & record device in windows and load up either my daw or say audacity for example to record the audio. using this method i can record from any source of audio like youtube, music streams or soundboards if i wanted

Easy enough to just take a spare output pair from your audio interface and plug them straight back to the inputs - no mixer needed. But I think the problems Bung was having here were more on the fundamental basics side than *actually* having the possibility of recording everything your system is outputting.

that was the first thing i tried but having the mixer allows me to control the record volume

Can't you control the recording level via your interface? I'm not saying there's anything wrong in your approach, just trying to make this as straightforward as possible for others to try :)

yeah its possible, but not ideal in my case easy since its tucked away behind my monitor and desk due to space issues. using the mixer is just a work around until i get a better interface, the uca is more suited for djing than recording.

Back