I just had a though

I find it interesting that Cubase calls there new version SX. If you phonetically sound out SX, you get "Sucks". Either that or "Sex" depending on where your mind is.

Or indeed, "Essex" which is one of the home counties just outside London.:D

lol, perhaps next releas they will add the "u" between the s and x.

Valley said:
Or indeed, "Essex" which is one of the home counties just outside London.:D
I read somewhere that this was actually the code name for it during development. no matter what you call it, it rocks!

Has steingberg made any improvement on their FX Plug-ins with SX. That was the main reason I switched to Digital Performer. When I compared MAS Plug-ins with the same VST Plug-ins, I thought they sounded more natural with Digital Performer.

how i digital performer? I"ve never used it. In fact ever since cakewalks Dos version that I used for 4 years(wish I was still using it) I have been trying to replace cakewalk, I tried logic and liked it but it was cpu intensive and my main problem was it was bloated with features I didn't need or want, Cubase has never run smoothly on any machine I've had so I genraly don't like it for that reason. I almost got an old power mac and a old cheap opcode sound card w/ break out and Fusion but at that point I just stoped using sequencers all together. I now use cakewalk 9 if I want something sequenced but I use it like an editor and then sample the line.

I never got around to digital performer.... how is it? I assume you have a MOTU card?

Digital Performer is incredible. I switched from Cubase because Cubase started running choppy on my system when I would get upward of 26 stereo tracks. DP is streamlined and runs great on my system(I have a G4 450mHz). I can run over 36 stereo tracks with tons of EQs and Effects.

From my understanding DP is not as difficult as Logic. It also has the best timing of any sequencing program out there because it uses really small increments of measure. I'll look it up later and tell you the exact amount.

I started out with an M-Audio Delta 44 card when I started using DP and then upgraded to the MOTU 24i. I even switched out my MIDI box to a MOTU Express because I wanted to use FreeMIDI and not OMS. I can't stand OMS.

Older Cakewalk programs were a little lacking I think, but I would take a serious look at Sonar, it is a major improvement. At least Cuabse SX will be coming out for OS X, Digital Performer and Logic are still under OS 9...

= chiisu

Be advised. MOTU just announced Digital Performer for OS X will be out soon. They also have beta midi drivers for their midi interfaces and ClockWorks for OS X beta is out now!!! This is what I've been waiting for...

Back