I have 3 refills that won't open.

aslaton1

Here is the error message: A refill named SR ultra hip hop instruments - combi & nnxt has already been found at: I have all my refills in the properllerhead / reason folder. To use the selected version of the refill remove the other version and restart reason. I only have one copy of all my refills on the computer; so I'm confused why this error is showing up. Can anyone assist me with this issue?

did you buy that refill because it if you did just delete filed you have on your computer and copy it from the the disc it came with back on your computer that should solve all your problems

judging by the error message ill assume that your operating system is windows 7 64bit (program files x86 is the destination for 32 bit programs and softwares)

ill also assume that you somehow managed to install reason as a 64 bit application. un installing reason and reinstalling it as a 32 bit app should help clear the mess up for you.

make sure your refills and installed version of reason are in your program files x86 folder and not in the folder just named "program files" (because this folder is for your 64 bit apps and programs)

this is how i have reason set up on my win 7 64bit PC and it works like a charm.

win 7 can be a bit tricky sometimes.

hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

could it be that your recieving the error message because your trying to run 32 bit installed refills on a 64 bit app and its bugging out?

(is installing reason as a 64 bit app even possible?)

Last edited:
Well the refills are part of the ultra refill series. All the other refills in the series work fine. I also deleted the refills and copied them back to my drive from an external hard drive no luck. I just uninstalled reason. Now my question is how do I install reason as a 32 bit program on windows 7?

reinstall reason make sure all its content is saved too "program files x86" not "program files"

the weird thing about it is, it shouldnt matter where your refills are installed they could be installed on a external hd and you should still beable to access them.

Back