How to not use much memory using Kontakt Instruments?

Dennis1990

I love using Kontakt but using kontakt instruments use about 300 to 500 mb so usually using 4 or 5 kontakt puts my RAM up to 2000 mb and freezing my DAW (fl studio 10) and forces me to close due to the memory has been exceeded.

Is there any way to use a couple kontakt instruments without having this problem?

I dont want to record my notes and transfer them to wav files because i like to switch the melody for the bridge...

Any Advice???

Use the extended memory version of fl10, I still remember that feature in the start menu of windows search before using kontakt in other daws.
Fl12 64bit though.

How much RAM do you have?

You can tweak the DFD streaming settings for less RAM usage - but that'll increase the CPU usage. The best solution is to simply get more RAM, as it sounds like you don't have very much of it if it's maxing out at 2Gb.

It's because you're using a 64bit version of Kontact while using a 32bit version of FL... or the other way around... I can't remember right now.

Anyways, I have this problem too and I have 8gigs of RAM. FL has to use fruity wrapper to run it, which eats a lot of memory.

Use DFD streaming preferably from a dedicated internal hard drive (USB hard drives tax the CPU) basically what this does it only loads a small portion of the sample into memory and the rest streams in from the hard drive (kind of like freeze which renders a hidden audio file which streams from your hard drive) the next thing you can do is purge all the samples you are not using.

Back