How To Map Sampled Instruments Across Keyboard and Extend Length

Majestic Mastermind

Eat, Sleep, Breathe MUSIC
Let's say I rip some instruments from a record..how do i map them in advanced -NNXT across keyboard but be long enough to be played like a regular instrument on keyboard

Or can this not be done?

Just noticed that sampled sounds are a lot more unique and soulful than stock software sounds

I think Outkast did some stuff like this

Thanks for any help

Been a while since I used Reason, but I'm fairly sure that loading a single sample will map itself across the keys by default. Or if it doesn't, you simply need to adjust the "lo key" & "hi key" parameters to the wanted range (or just by dragging the range ends in the sample display). The root key defines where the sample will play at its original pitch.

Making samples longer is a bit trickier, as there are no timestretch facilities on the NN-XT, but the classic way of doing this is simply by finding a part in the sound which is suitably even (a sustaining part), setting the loop markers to this zone & selecting the appropriate loop mode (either FW-LOOP or FW-SUS).

There's a lot of stuff you can do there, so I'd recommend reading your manual a bit.

Back