How long does it take your DAW to load up?

FL - Near instant
Reaper - about 5 seconds
Cubase SX3 - Walk away and come back in a few minutes
ProTools - same as Cubase.

Ableton Live 8.2 Lite = 25 seconds
Reason 5 = 55 seconds

My Laptop System = Intel Core Duo T5450 @ 1.66GHz 3 gig of ram Windows Vista

Reason 3 used to load in 10 seconds on same system

That's sort of messed up. Over here Windows takes just about a minute to fully load (from pressing the power button until the CPU meter sidebar gadget shows no more activity.)
Renoise loads in less than 3 secs - FL launches almost instantaneoulsy.

NASA doesn't check as much stuff as Cubase does before launching.

^^^ This.

Cubase wasn't always this bad. Back in the VST 3.x-5.1 days, Cubase didn't take too long to launch. SX3 is a royal pain and I can only imagine how long it takes for 4 and 5 users.

FL Studio with 8gb of ram loads the second I click the icon. (That's in extended memory version though)

Reaper is fairly quick, and Logic runs really nice on my Mac for it only having 1gb of ram.

Fl studio is faster to load because it does not load all the plugiins instantly like ableton.cubase and nuendo. It goes to a standard template. But when you go to load a beat or track it will be a minute or two.

When you load cubase it loads everything at the initiation. But when you finaly in the daw it loads a track in a sec because all the plugs are already loaded.
It depends on what plugs you have and how many you have thats why my nuendo will take about 1-2 minutes from a cold computer boot. And my cpu is a beast.

Back