how long does it take to get hang of reason ?

There is no answer to this question sir. You will have to tell us how long it took you to get a grasp of the basics before you can go any deeper. The only way to find out is experiment and then experiment some more. Ive been usine Reason since 2008 and I am still learning new things often.

As far as what kind of music, EVERY kind of music can be produced for any type of format (rap, blues, movies etc). Its not what its who. Dont quit and try everything.

a: however long it takes depending on how often you use it and your pace of learning
b: any music you want

All daws make the same thing, all genres can be made everywhere.
Will be years to learn a daw to comfort level.
Wish reason allowed disabling auto ssl mixer connections tho...
Some things I'd rather do the reason 5 way by default.

I'm not an active Reason user, but I will add this much.. its a fantastic way to learn the concepts of synthesis and sound routing, sound design, etc. Its the most graphically oriented music production app available. I know a lot of people who start at Reason and end up elsewhere once their interests outgrow what's available in Reason.

Historically, Reason is easily the most stable full-featured music production system I've used. It may be different now with Rack Extensions, but its lack of plug-in support has made it more stable than pretty much any music production tools that provide plug-in support. (i.e. 3rd party plug-ins can significantly effect the stability of the host app)

As for learning curve, you might want to consider using GarageBand on the Mac if you want to learn the basics. If you don't have a Mac, consider some of the 'light' versions of DAWs that are out there like Reason Essentials. Or consider running the demo version of Reason before you buy anything.

The good news is, for anyone getting started now, the variety of tools both software and hardware are just staggeringly amazing. There's never been a better time to make music with your computer.

Good luck!

it is neither clumsy or complex other than what the user does with it

with Reason the presets for all the instruments are really usable

the SSL emulation is second to none on the market

you may need to visit a few sites to get your head around the structure of each synth as there are some cool yet complex methods available in each one

it is neither clumsy or complex other than what the user does with it

with reason the presets for all the instruments are really usable

the ssl emulation is second to none on the market

you may need to visit a few sites to get your head around the structure of each synth as there are some cool yet complex methods available in each one

ok

It is about skilling ! It will be the rear of Reason here you can find the alchemie. When you begin to sidechain and to mix complex. The DAW has a very easy Layout. You play Midi and you add Interfaces and instruments by rightclick. The real art is when you begin to automate and to mix different. Think about 1-4 weeks to creat beats and a few month to get the flair into your mix .

Back