How long did it take you to learn fl studio?

reasonfreak187

Holla for mixtape covers
sup fp, im currently working with fl studio, learning it and messing around its pretty layed out program very good and easy to make a beat i still am having a hard time finding what to use lol but how long did it take you guys to fully learn fl studio or are learing now but are very good at it?

I use it but people good at the technical side would call me a beginner I expect.

Musically is my thing so it doesnt matter what I use.

it doesn't take long at all if you know how to use the F1 key. basically it brings up the help page for whatever you have in focus. if you have the mixer open and hit F1 it takes you to the mixer help page, if you have the wasp open, it takes you to the wasp page. wanna learn how to program the sytrus, open sytrus and hit the F1 key, it'll tell you all about the knobs and what they do and give you tips on how to use them so you can apply that knowledge. remember the F1 key, it is ur friend.
LevLove

The first time after a bit i quit lol, but i got some help after i tried again, it was hard to me at first, i still don't know how to use everything in there(most of the stuff i don't know how to do i might not even need right now), but i know enough to get by.

Not very long, i listened to the demo song, and template whatever... to see how it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
good advice being given so far.
but you wont 'fully' learn about anything until you 'fully' want/need to use it.

so, it takes as long as it takes for you to grow into a dynamic and well-rounded musician, and then some.

early on, if you dont NEED the things in there, let along know how to use them, then it doesnt really matter if they are there or not. as long as what you need to move forward is in front of you.

for me the key is that *I* am dictating what i do. if im using something, and i get an idea, and i dont know how to achieve it, i figure it out. if the tool is incapable of doing it, i find a new tool. the best tool is one that never stops you, regardless of what level you are at.

:)

Good stuff Highkoo!!! Words to live by.... I just got FL and gonna start messing with it soon. Until then Im learning the MP and on them keys!!!

Last edited:
it took me about 6 mos when I first started to learn everything (i was a alow learner) I practiced everyday and watched youtube and warbeats.com video. it help me a lot. I don't use it as much since I got a mpc, but I still do sometimes

I made a beat the first time I ever used it. It was the first beat making software I ever used. But it took me years to learn all of the features to the point where I can do what I do now inside of it. I know tricks that most people don't and that took forever. I think only the designers of the software and people that use only FL Studio for over 5 years might have a better understanding of it.

hmm tbh it took me like a day, but i decided not to use it in favor of the far more amazing reason which took me months to learn as it was really the first thing i use,d haha it took me forver to figure ot how to make more than one device work at a time... so id export all my one track things to acid, quite tedious until i figured out the wonders of using a mixer... hahah those were the days...

man, iv bin using fl sinse FL4. I'm still learning new shit ALL THE TIME..

People learn the basics of the sequencer and think they got it down.. nope, I don't belive you..

well when i was learning how to use FLStudio...it was called fruity tracks and there wasnt much you could do in the program...after fruityloops version 3 i went from a beginner to an intermediate user...now i am a highly advanced FLStudio user...i know the program well enough to teach a class...

It took me about a year to know it inside out, how to use all the effects, routing, mixing etc... but I dont use it anymore.

been using it for years and still learning. There's always something in FL that you didn't realize would be useful until you read about it.

there are things about fruityloops that i know but just never use...also read manuals but understand that the way the manual tells you to do things may not be the best way to do it

Back