How long did it take you to learn fl studio?

I used to use FL back in the 2.01 days. Learned it in about 3 hours and every version after has been about a day of clicking around until I got it. I came to FL from fasttracker2, so it was a pretty quick transition.

I bought a Triton.....lol. It alot of time to learn. The first time I made a complete song was on FL though. It took 15 minutes. I made the song on the demo version and.....lofl.....wrote down every channel name and note I sequenced so I could redo it on my boys non demo version. I am now a paid version, lifetime update having mofo. I learn something new about it at least twice a month. Nothing beats it's simple to use interface and sound manipulation capabilties in my opinion. Right click on my brothers, right click on.

I've been using FL for about 3 months now. I'm getting quite fluent at using it compared to when I started. The biggest changing point was when I learned about all the VST's and using virtual instruments to build my sound. Especially if I'm making Dubstep music. FL has been great to me and it runs amazing on my computer. Like everyone already said Youtube is a big help and has a lot of tutorials.

It took me like 4 months to get somewat advanced with FL. But literally eretime i go into thr lab i lern something new about FL Studio. it truly is an amazing tool...the bridge amongst ideas from ur creativity to actual song production. Especially with Fl Studio 9 u can now mute/solo tracks, drag and drop fx on the respective mixer tracks so on and so forth. sorry this is my 1st post here and i wanted to explain my feelings for such a remarkable DAW thanx. Astral

I started mashing samples in Sony Acid 6, then found out that "VST/VSTi's" existed, then I got in to FL7, now I'm using FL9 and am fully competent with it, from automating, to side chain compression, to EQ'ing, notch filtering, sample creation, even fixing the technical side of sound drivers, latency, adding folders in the browser, VST in to the DAW itself, saving presets..

The only shi* I'm not good at is the actual music.. ¬_¬ But it doesn't stop me trying. I'm on a huge learning curve, but the initial "getting comfy with my tools" part, took as long as it took Image-Line to go from FL7 to FL9. Which, probably in hindsight was way longer than any other person in here to learn FL. the slowest part of things was fully understanding all the elements of a synthesizer, and routing, and the array of possibilities even something like the 3xOSC has, not to mention a whorishly sexy monster like Native Instruments MASSIVE, or Reasons THOR. You'll learn in your own time, and you'll develop in your own way, and when you've over come that, you'll start making your own styles.

I started in FL 5. I still learning stuff everyday it's a truly amazing program for making beats quick with no hassle

it doesn't take long at all if you know how to use the F1 key. basically it brings up the help page for whatever you have in focus. if you have the mixer open and hit F1 it takes you to the mixer help page, if you have the wasp open, it takes you to the wasp page. wanna learn how to program the sytrus, open sytrus and hit the F1 key, it'll tell you all about the knobs and what they do and give you tips on how to use them so you can apply that knowledge. remember the F1 key, it is ur friend.
LevLove

F1. Really?... Really?

I've relearned FLS about 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years... Every time I get tired of my work flow or decide to use external instruments \ effects or rewire into something or etc...

Slicex and Edison got me on some new sh!t currently...

took me less than a week, but I just open battery in pro tools, cut a sample I like, bounce it down, open it in FL, take off all FL FX, and then bounce each part of the loop down (bass drum 1/ bass drum 2/ snare drum 1/ snare drum 2/ efx 1 etc...) and then reopen them in pro tools, so I don't really use the full extensive capabilities of FL, and Ive been using Pro Tools for years and I am still learning new ish every day.

Fairly quick to make some basic sounds, but I'm always finding a new feature or way of doing something. It's a surprisingly full featured bit of software.

im a reason user now but when i first started producing i used FL studio. at a first glance it was very simple, after looking further into i found so many more options. after about 3 years i knew the program inside and out. i just recently purchased an imac so i cant use fl studio any more, thats why i made the change to reason. my only advice is keep using the program, learn it and love it. you will be surprised all the time with all of the new features you will find that missed before. the more comfortable you get with any DAW the more you will find in it

Back