How do you producers feel when.....?

As a producer your job is to deliver a product.

As your boss...I don't give a sh!t if you use FL, protools, cakewalk, soundforge...just make the best music you can.

From there I decide if it can be used or not...

When you're talking about getting mad at people getting paid then you have to think about what you're getting mad about and what they are getting paid for.

You'll quickly realize these are two almost completely different things.

Me personally...I've never seen or heard of any producer that does what I'm doing right now especially the way I'm doing it.

It's 2010...there are so many new ways to make music I won't be able to learn them all. But believe me when I say that I do try everything that I enjoy listening to and develop from there.

That's all that matters. What you learn for yourself to deliver a better final product is always going to make you more money than worrying about another producer getting paid in their way.

You are a producer right?

but whats your point... you don't need a $3500 keyboard to make good music you need good ears and a creative brain...

Clap for him. :victory::victory::victory:

Quoted for emphasis.

With all that money and equipment Timbo got, he can make a beat out of a plastic cup and pencil. Can somebody find that one Busta Rhymes video? I'm at work...lol

the only measuring stick is "good" music...

"good" music is "good" music regardless how it is created...

from a kazoo to a 60 piece orchestra and everything in between!!!

Last edited:
I'm not at mad Lex Luger for succeeding at what he is good at. The bottom line is that he is making hits, and that's what counts.

Last edited:
I don't get mad
i Just enjoy the new music these young producers make

I make music for the love of it not to get paid

You see producers like lex luger that use fruity loops and just click notes using the basic sounds, but still gettin paid. But you got producers on youtube with all this equipment but not gettin placements yet? Do some of you older producers look down on people like him cuz thats all he does to make beats, rather then playing the piano or whatever?

No. It's about the finished product, not about how the finished product has been made.

I could care less on what daw ,keyboard ,hardware,software- whatever is used in the process. if it go hard - than that motovates me- If you make a beat in 2 min -great for you- If it takes months- than great- fine!!

but to hate someone - sorry- hate on someone because they use fl studio or acid pro and not pro tools is just crazy.

When a producer can use anything from a pencil and a bucket or a wall,door,cups he is making music and that is a gift-use what ever inspires ypu at the time to make good music and lay it all out from nothing but a thought or idea -that inspires me. you got a craft...
if you have to click it, drag it ,chop it, screw it,sample it. WHATEVER!!

but as soon as he say fl - he gets hated on.
Make music stop hating.

well i dont feel guilty at all i love music software and how far technology has come and never at any point has any old head ever made me feel guilty about the way that us young whipper snappers do things now...i have been using FL since it was fruity tracks and have a really big triton keyboard because i listened to some guy that claimed i would make hotter beats on a keyboard and guess what...now that shit is just a MIDI controller and i never use it to sequence anything and i make awesome beats on my FL setup and i cant be classified as a point click producer because i play my notes in FL w/ my expensive ass MIDI controller and even if i did point click...it still take alot of work to consistently make good music no matter what you do...i have met many musicians that are awesome on a keyboard and can play anything but still cant make beats for shit because sequencing and blending sounds and the whole beat making process calls for a completely different set of skills

Honestly, it really shouldn't matter to you...

A true producer can play or function atleast one instrument.. I mean using FL is what people do and if they get a placement.. Give em a Hi-5..

Just focus on your work..

Personally.. In the word of "MUSICIANSHIP" FL is cheating, but nobody in the production field cares about that now.. I do, but many don't..

I write my music.. sheet music and everything.. so when I do sale a track exclusively or for placements.. I submit the sheet music to the buyer.. That has gotten me repeat business, because it shows, that I am doing the work..It looks so damn professional.. and simply, I am a professional..

If I am required to play a piece of my work, I can because I wrote it.. Now if you are using FL, how can you play any portion of your work? I mean atleast play the lead.. They can't..

SO really don't worry about it.. Learn music theory and work on your craft..

Last edited:
Back