How do you install VST Plugins in Cubase VST/32?

H

hello

I am having trouble
I want to play instruments with cubase vst/32
the only instrument sets I can use when I go to Panels/VSTInstruments are Lm-9, Neon and vb-1
I want to have some more instruments and I want at least one drums instrument
How do I do that? I think the manual says I have to drag plugins to the Vstplugins folder in Steinberg but I've tried dragging files from the Vstplugins folder in Cubase, from the Vstplugins folder from fruityloops, and plugins I downloaded plugins off the internet and none of them show up when I go to Panels/VSTInstruments. The only time I was able to play any other plugins than the three I gave you was when I redirected the shared VSTPlugins Folder in Options/Audio Setup to the VST plugins folder in Fruity Loops and then I only got one set of instruments called mda DX10 and I know Fruity has more than these
Basically what do I have to do to be able to use more instruments in Cubase VST/32? Do I have to download the right ones? Do I have to install them right? Do I have to set up Cubase right?
please help :(

that does sound kind of odd... try putting your plug-ins in the c:\program files\stienberg\vstplugins\ folder
are you sure that all the plug-ins are instruments? maybe they're effects and they'll show up in the effects pull down menu's.

some synths you have installed that work in fruity might be DirectX instruments which are not compatible in cubase.

I found some files on imesh that I think are VST instrument groups and when I put the .dll programs in the Plugin folder they show up on the VST Instruments panel in cubase but when I select them their instruments are all one word like "preset" or "init" and when I try to play them they don't make any sound. When I open Cubase I get errors like "the dynamic link library MSVCP60.dll could not be found in the specified path..."
When I install instruments on my computer it puts a lot of stuff on my computer, not just the .dll programs, is there more to installing a plugin than dragging the .dll program to the folder cubase gets it's VST Instruments from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back