How do you create your basslines in NN-XT?

devioz

Whats up how is bizznezz?

I just started getting into creating sounds out of loops and samples not too long ago. I just got tired of looping through the Reason Refills for good Hip Hop sounds, i just couldn't find any decent ones.

My question is this, how do you guys make good Hip Hop Basslines from the NN-XT?

I was also wondering what is the basic proccess you guys go through from taking a loop, sample, etc and bringing it up onto the NN-XT where you create your own sound like Bass, Guitar Chords, Hits, Stabs, etc.

i tried i dont see any real good bass refills there all synth bass i want something grimey, something hip hop, some basslines, some sub basses.

the free ones mostly do suck and are mostly synth basses but u can make a bass synth work if u know how to make it sound gritty

Yea Xabition is right reason has some good Bass refills, you just gotta do a little tweaking.

Yeah true that, we'll what I did was take a bass from a loop from the Reason Factory file and tweaked it on the NN-XT, added a low pass filter, EQ, lowered the octave, and i guess thats it.

What good grimey Hip Hop Bass refills out there on the online world do you guys suggest for me?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure you can load a kick in NNXT, add a stereo imager and compressor on top and tweak the master bass of the channel you can make a pretty dope bassline

yea i'm saying if you're looking for that type of sound you need a synthesizer not a sampler....malstrom or subtractor all the way

make sure you throw a filter on top of it and take out the high frequencies

Last edited:
yeah you guys are right i've seen a few subtractors on reasonstation.net made for deep bass and sub bass and 808's which I could probably turn into a hip hop bass if i add some low pass filtering

Back