How do you create alternate Midi lanes in Logic Pro 9?

Michirican123

Illistrated Man
What's up everyone,

I've seen this done before so I know you can do it. I've searched on google and can't find anything so I thought I'd drop bit here :p

Question: I have Battery 3 running through Logic Pro 9, I have my kick and snare track already recorded via Midi. I Could write in the high hats with my mouse but I Want to create an alternate lane (still linked to the same software instrument) to record my hats on. After that I would create another "layer" (in it's own region) to record some other syncopated percussion "track" (still linked to battery)

It's a workflow thing that's really been bugging me, In Reason I can just click the plus sign and it creates one. It could be called a take, but idk.

:cheers:

---------- Post added 10-20-2010 at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-12-2010 at 07:55 PM ----------

Bump :?(

Ur refering to a Multi-timbre or Multi-Out Plug-in Just set the MDI out and ins according its fairly easy

I think I figured it out. I went to track - New with next Midi Channel. I'm pretty sure that did it. Don't know if I created a new instrument and can't tell or what.

Back