How do I get external synth sounds to play thru reason 8?

mguz11

Hey guys, so I recently purchased reason 8 upgraded from 6.5 just for the sole fact it being able to play external synths. Now I tried to get my op1 (which is loaded with some crazy sounds) to play thru reason. I have it hooked up via usb and forgive me if this is a dumb question, but... Do I need any other cords because when I try to set it up external midi instrument (which is how I think you do it) I notice it registering when I press a key but no sound. Do I need another chord like an audio out chord? And if so how would one use that thru my interface which is a m audio profire 2626. The only other outputs on my op1 would be a small audio out port which is like the size of a headphone jack. Any help is much appreciated, thanks guys.

Update: I think i solved the issue. I just ordered a 3.5mm audio to 1/4' trs cable. I was thinking of just running it through like i would a guitar. Hope this works.

Last edited:
Yep, as you already figured you'll need an audio cable to record the OP-1's output; the USB connection is only for MIDI (& charging the unit).

Back