How do I filter out a certain part of the beat, FL Studio?

J

jerome854

I wanna put this filter on just one part of the beat not the whole thing. How would I do this with the sequencer?

either export the joint as a wav and select the part you want to filter or make a duplicate pattern with duplicate sounds and add the filter to all them sounds in a new pattern...there might be a easier way to do it in fl tho i dont know

dang i kno theres a easier way i just dont kn ohow

1. Add the FX to a (bus) mixer track (route all the tracks you wanna get FXed to that bus via right click "route to this track only" in the mixer)

2. Mark the section you want the filter to be "active".

3. unclick the little green LED light in the right of the fx insert and then right click and choose automation.

4. An automation clip should pop up in the marked section of your song.

5. Now there's a line in this clip (basic shit --> if the line is all the way UP the FX is active, if its all the way DOWN its inactive). You'll notice this by the green light poppin off and on.

6. Create two clips, one with the line all up and one with the line down. This means you got one automation clip activating the FX plug and one clip shutting it down again. Place the automation clips where you want them to be and you're good.

Last edited:
I got the sounds of seperate mixer tracks though one for each one, sorry im confuse

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

wat is a bus mixer track?

I got the sounds of seperate mixer tracks though one for each one, sorry im confuse

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

wat is a bus mixer track?

A bus is a synonym for a mixer track basically.

Simply take the output of those instruments you want FXed and put them into one empty mixer track with the filter on it, then route that one mixer track to the master out.

Now that you know that re-read Aykay's post again and you should get it.

Back