How to Create drum roll in Logic Hip/Hop Style- "Dj khaled"

sunnyd25

I want to create a drum roll in logic just like the song by DJ Khaled "Go Hard". Seems like the snare changes pitch consistently so im trying to figure out how to input it in logic? Any suggestions?

you can try drawing it in on the paino roll and then drawing the pitch and velocity. I think you would want to draw the rolls in on a 32th triplet grid if i'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
you can use the hyper editor to change the pitch of each snare, or just map it across the exs and play it out how you want

dont let any of these haters tell u not to do anything. nothing ever gets played out, only recycled. go get it boi!!

Thanx king mason, shake da haters off....and everybody is using it... i even heard it on the Jamie foxx T-pain song.

if you wanna use it use it, f*ck it. i always said i wasn't gonna ever do that, then i did a track and it just fit so i said f*ck it. do what you want.

Yea man I did try to do it. But it seems like it doesnt work on the ultrabeat or does it. What instrument do you use when you do it for the snare?

just load a snare into the exs and map it across a bunch of keys that way it'll be mapped at different pitches. then you can either play it out on keys/pads or just program it in the piano roll

you can play it out, program it, or draw in in. I'll see if I can make a tutorial.

I was wondering the same thing ...it's really easy in Fruity but after reading this I figured it out in Logic. Thanks guys...

Back