How can I get my Logic bounces sounding like the Logic playback?

odinnshred

Wireless Wizard!
I know its going to be something to do with the file type, bit rate etc. Should I bounce at absolute optimum conditions, or will it ever sound exactly the same? It's Pro 9, and I'm using a 2011 macbook-pro with 8gb ram (and currently its own sound card) if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance :D

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Btw I sometimes put plugins (Gain (usually reductive for dynamic purposes) then Sausage Fattener (only 2 or 3 %) ) on the Output channel. Someone said this causes a difference between playback and the bounce, but I'm not convinced. Anyone have any knowledge on this? (P.S. a snide remark about Sausage Fattener not being a 'real' plugin is not "knowledge". It's great if used well)

I have heard it said that Logic uses hidden playback buffers, which kind of explains why Logic does not appear to suffer the same woeful performance as almost every dual platform DAW does when running on a Mac.

While VST was a Steinberg innovation (once also used by Logic) I believe it was the folks at Emagic that came up with the brilliant RAM saving idea known as the freeze function and while it's great tech it also has a tendency to alter the sound during the rendering process, so if you are using quick rendering as opposed to real time bouncing that could be an issue.

I'm using real time bouncing. I'm aware that offline bouncing can result in poor quality. Any more information cos I'm really stuck here.

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-28-2013 at 04:50 AM ----------

No more answers? I really could do with the help and I'd appreciate it if anyone knows anything.

Back