Help? (Time stretching in Reason 6)

Olliepm

When I've tried using the time stretch feature in Reason 6 on an audio track, it's never quite worked out for me.

What I do is Import an audio file (which is at 131bpm), into the default empty project, which by default is set to 120bpm. I right click the audio track and select "disable stretch", and then turn the project tempo up to 131. We now have sync!

The problem is, I want to then raise the overall tempo of the project to 142, with the audio track also increasing in tempo and remaining in sync, but when I right click "Enable stretch", the audio file automatically first stretches to fit the new tempo (131bmp), as if the project assumed the audio file was already in sync with the original tempo of 120bpm.

Is there anyway to declare a tempo for individual audio clips, so that I can declare this clip as 131, and then stretch it to 141? Currently I'm having to use Audacity to convert the tempo.

When I've tried using the time stretch feature in Reason 6 on an audio track, it's never quite worked out for me.

What I do is Import an audio file (which is at 131bpm), into the default empty project, which by default is set to 120bpm. I right click the audio track and select "disable stretch", and then turn the project tempo up to 131. We now have sync!

The problem is, I want to then raise the overall tempo of the project to 142, with the audio track also increasing in tempo and remaining in sync, but when I right click "Enable stretch", the audio file automatically first stretches to fit the new tempo (131bmp), as if the project assumed the audio file was already in sync with the original tempo of 120bpm.

Is there anyway to declare a tempo for individual audio clips, so that I can declare this clip as 131, and then stretch it to 141? Currently I'm having to use Audacity to convert the tempo.

What I do is, before I import any audio, I enable the stretch feature. Second, I play the sample in some other program, like itunes or something. I tap out the tempo, so the tempo in Reason matches the original sample. THEN, I import the sample. Once you play the sample with the click track, it should sync then. You should be able to stretch it without having any trouble. If you're working with vinyl, then it's a lot easier to match the tempo before you record the sample into Reason.

Thanks! I had eventually worked out that I had to ensure Reasons project tempo was set to 131 before importing a 131 vocal.

Back