HELP! Pro Tools Problem (Avid Fast Track Solo)

titalwaves

I have a Avid Fast Track Solo that I bought about 2-3 yrs ago.
I have never had a problem with this interface what so ever...Until yesterday.
I am currently operating under the 1.0.4 version. I am using my Fast Track Solo with the supplied DAW that came with it: Pro Tools Express.

Problems:
- Windows Media Player won't play music (Message Pops up that says, "Windows Media Payer cannot play the file...)
- YouTube videos no longer play/work (Message come across grey video window that says, "A error occurred. Please try again later)
- Unable to open a "New" or "Saved" session in Pro Tools ("DAE loaded...) gets stuck on screen with that written in the window box
- If by chance the session does open, a message is displayed that says "Restoring Video Engine Settings". Then the session gets frozen up.

However, if the Avid Fast Track Solo is disconnected from my laptop computer, all of the settings will go back to normal.
Videos will play correctly on YouTube & music files will play as they should in Windows Media Player.
The ILOK is reading perfectly fine, even though it did said that my "License Damon is Outdated; Too old",

Does anyone know what maybe a solution to my problem? Any input would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Also if this helps any:
- The USB connection "chime" can be heard alerting me that the interface & laptop is synced once I plug in the connections.
- The display lights on the interface are brightly lit, indicating that it is connection is successful.

Still neither of the 3 work correctly. (Pro Tools Express, Windows Media Player, or YouTube.com)

I updated my computer from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
Now YouTube videos play just fine, also Windows Media files play correctly. (WAV, MP3, etc.

I'm still having problems with Pro Tools Express though! The session takes longer than usual to open & load. Also when I play a track it stutters. When stopping the track it takes at least 6 seconds for the DAW to stop.

Any suggestions?

All I can say is since my knowledge of protools is almost basically zilch:

1. Make sure avid supports windows 10
2. Make sure all drivers are updated with a utility or windows update itself
3. Sounds like the interface might be probelmatic [Avid's asiobox] with newer windows 10.
4. Settings in the interface might be conflicting.
5. Asiobox might not support multiple stuff open at once which I doubt.
6. Audio settings in daw might not be set the same as everything else. [example 44.1khz in daw but 48khz in windows properties]

All I can say is since my knowledge of protools is almost basically zilch:

1. Make sure avid supports windows 10
2. Make sure all drivers are updated with a utility or windows update itself
3. Sounds like the interface might be probelmatic [Avid's asiobox] with newer windows 10.
4. Settings in the interface might be conflicting.
5. Asiobox might not support multiple stuff open at once which I doubt.
6. Audio settings in daw might not be set the same as everything else. [example 44.1khz in daw but 48khz in windows properties]

Thanks for responding back...Its hard to find help when you're in a situation like this.
I will go thru your checklist later tonight. If the problem persists guess I will just have to upgrade to Pro Tools 12.

I still need help with this!
If anyone that is tech-savvy is willing to provide their knowledge on how to at least "diagnose" this problem...then let me know.
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
I have been unable to record anything in the last 4 weeks.
I really need my set-up to work for me again.

Back